Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Song-Fu
I think Performer unfortunately lacks when compared to it's other half, Dancer. Of course, that's to be expected when one identity focuses more on support and the other focuses more on damage, however I think the support aspect is also simply too weak right now. So I'll list the changes I have in mind and I'll rattle off my reasonings below:

Bard:

Aria of Agility
- Buff changed from +Rank SKI/CEL to (Rank*2)+5 Hit & Evade.
- No longer creates an aura.

Anthem of Enthusiasm
- Buff changed from +Rank WIL/GUI to (Rank*2) All Elemental ATK & (Rank*2)+5 Critical.

Dawr of Defense
- Buff changed from +Rank% Elemental Resistance to (Rank*2)% All Elemental Resistance & (Rank*2)+5 Critical Evade.

Samba of Strength
- Buff changed from +Rank SWA to (Rank*2)+5 SWA & +(Rank*2)% Critical Damage.

Performer:

Song of Susceptibility
- Additionally may remove a random beneficial effect from each enemy. (Requires a status infliction check)

Warmonger's Drums
- Song increases allies Damage by LV (Rank*5)% until your next turn. LUC based chance for the LV to be doubled. Has a 3 Round Cooldown. (Simple idea)
or
- Deals Lightning Damage (100% SWA & 110% Lightning ATK at Rank 5) and may apply Fear to enemies within 5 Range for 3 Rounds. Additionally, there is a LUC based chance to give allies in 5 Range the Fallcall status (LV = Rank*5) until your next turn, increasing their Damage on Feared Enemies by LV%. This effect does not stack with the passive Skill of the same name. Has a 3 Round Cooldown. (More complex idea)

So the first thing I think should be adjusted are the Bard buffing Songs: Aria of Agility, Anthem of Enthusiasm, Dawr of Defense and Samba of Strength.

One thing these songs share is that they produce an aura that offers a +2 to 2 different stats. I think it's barely even a factor right now, you can't even stack them together due to how they work and they don't benefit from skills like Volume Up which increase Song range. So I'd rather we had stronger buffs themselves instead of a secondary minor aura.

Next, Aria and Anthem both provide up to +5 to 2 stats upfront for 3 Rounds. The problem is that because of how soft caps work, those effects fall off pretty hard once you have a lot of them. Aria offers SKI and CEL, both stats players run in high amounts, which means later on, this skill isn't worth using 3 Momentum for. So instead, I think we should focus on sub-stats like Accuracy and Evade which retain their usefulness all throughout.

As for Anthem, not only does it potentially run into the above issue, but the stats of WIL and GUI aren't nearly as desirable unless you have a weapon using these stats. For instance, WIL and GUI both offer additional Skill Slots, which you of course cannot access mid-fight. Furthermore WIL also increases Max FP, which is another attribute that is usually more useful outside combat as you'd have to then first recover FP mid-battle to make use of it.

As above, sub-stats are also preferred, a broad Elemental ATK increase and a critical rate buff. While GUI is tied to Critical Damage rather than Critical Chance, I think it makes more sense for Samba to offer Critical Damage (as their Performer enhancement for it already gives Critical Chance.)

Dawr of Defense is just okay but the amount is a little small considering Sayakana is an item that can do just as much as this upfront. I think the value can be safely increased while giving it a secondary defensive perk to fit in line with the above ideas. If Elemental Resistance stacking is a concern, Damage Reduction is a fine alternative.

Finally, Samba's +5 SWA is also too small. Sure, you could give your allies 5 SWA, which will probably amount to about ~10-15 more damage per ally (for most allies) per round. I don't think it's enough compared to just using a skill that can damage enemies instead.

However bumping that up to 15 SWA amounts to ~30-45 per ally, per round, which can potentially exceed the worth of a damaging skill. Further Critical Damage adds another property that synergizes with SWA and the Performer upgrade, making it much more impactful.

As for Performer, I think it has some decent options and more importantly compounds off of Bard's base songs well. Once those songs get love, it will be in a much better spot. Some effects like Music Heals would need to be changed slightly if removing auras is done but aside from that, the two Songs they have that I think could use changes are Song of Susceptibility and Warmonger's Drums.

For Song of Susceptibility, I think it just doesn't do enough compared to the other Songs. Some damage could be an easy option but rather than that, I'd recommend simply adding another effect to it. My gut says a status infliction based chance to remove one random positive effect from each enemy is a solid idea that isn't too common. Cooldown should prevent this from being too frequent.

Meanwhile Warmonger's Drums suffer from some big issues. The base effect of +15 SWA for 1 Round is pretty weak but I think it’s better to leave Samba as the SWA boosting song rather than having two Songs do basically the same thing. 

Additionally the bonus LUC% chance to provide the Charge Mind effect to allied Evokers is both too niche and too powerful. On one hand, for 3 Momentum, you could potentially give the benefit of a skill that is normally 6 Momentum to multiple allies, resulting in a huge Damage/Momentum swing to your party. But on the other hand, if you have no Evoker allies, there's no compelling reason to use this song at all.

While I personally want an entirely different song (as seen above) that fits more closely with the other Performer songs, dealing Lightning damage, applying Fear and having a LUC based chance to give allies a damage boost against Feared enemies but it'd be a lot more effort than a more simple fix and I don't expect it to undergo such a change.

As a more mild alternative, changing it to be a buff that grants a broad damage increase until your next turn and having the LUC effect boost the damage further is probably easier to implement and doesn't stray far from what the song currently does and doesn't share too closely with Samba's effect.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 7 users Like Slydria's post:
  • Autumn, JamOfBoy, K Peculier, Kameron8, Latto, Lewdcifer, Snake

Messages In This Thread
Song-Fu - by Slydria - 07-21-2022, 01:10 AM
RE: Song-Fu - by Kameron8 - 07-21-2022, 01:53 AM
RE: Song-Fu - by Joseph Jostar - 07-21-2022, 03:05 AM
RE: Song-Fu - by Slydria - 07-21-2022, 09:07 PM
RE: Song-Fu - by FaeLenx - 07-21-2022, 06:35 AM
RE: Song-Fu - by sadbot - 07-21-2022, 10:06 PM
RE: Song-Fu - by Shujin - 07-23-2022, 10:48 AM
RE: Song-Fu - by FaeLenx - 07-23-2022, 04:53 PM