Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tome Update
Tomes have huge weight and bad base stats and don't even have good green effects compared to normal weapons. Many normal weapons also don't have str scaling. (you can't even make the one that makes summoning cheaper!)

Outside of potentials or passives the tomes have, there's only two real things that make tomes worthwhile.
1: The talent that lets you have 5 more skill slots with a tome equipped. WHICH IS NEGATED BY THE FACT THAT YOU CAN JUST SWAP IT OUT AND RETAIN THE SKILLS.
2: Tome smack. Not sure if other people agree, but I Think Tome smack is the best special attack in the game. Most special attacks are good. Really just the bow one is terrible, but Tome smack despite costing 4m is still the one I think is the best.

But having 20 less power and being able to use less skills and not even having necessarily better scaling as opposed to elemental staves is pretty meh. Most mages just use impure idol anyway, which means even pure mages tend to use the staves for the +10 power they get for two handing.

I like the ideas presented so far, but would also like to see:
1: The green effects on tomes to also have lightweight or heavy, instead of +2 durability.
2: The ability to create the green effect on tomes that reduces summoning cost.
3: Bindings should also influence weight.
4: Ink should have ancillary effects, passives. In fact if this were to be the case, I Think the green effect that reduces summon costs should simply be one of the inks provided. Maybe one ink makes enchantment class effects last another turn, maybe one could raise FP regen by 1 or 2. Maybe another increases the potency of your capacity talent's recycling level.

I believe these would give tomes a sidegrade compared to the two-hand scaled power of other weapons.

Messages In This Thread
Tome Update - by Raigen.Convict - 08-10-2022, 07:36 AM
RE: Tome Update - by renowner - 08-10-2022, 08:17 PM
RE: Tome Update - by Shujin - 08-10-2022, 09:05 PM
RE: Tome Update - by Snake - 08-13-2022, 12:58 AM
RE: Tome Update - by Shujin - 08-14-2022, 07:51 AM
RE: Tome Update - by Rendar - 08-14-2022, 02:45 PM
RE: Tome Update - by Raigen.Convict - 08-24-2022, 05:53 AM
RE: Tome Update - by renowner - 08-25-2022, 03:55 PM