Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dancer is still incredibly OP
Quote:I was always closer to 70 and 80 than I was to 60, even at my lowest point of lightning attack in the battle. That's at least a full 20 more damage per hit considering the way Thunder Steps scales. And that's on the lower end of how much higher than 60 the numbers get.
I'm not all that surprised to see that my rough and somewhat assumption based calculations in my example were a bit off. It's good to see that you do need the higher end of elemental attack to achieve the kind of numbers stated in said examples. However, I disagree entirely that dance skill scaling is only 'a little high', and that it's somehow okay if you compare it's damage against multiple targets to that of the average aoe. It has the option of going all in on one person which does absolutely nutty damage, more than double what most any other build can achieve with the average 3m attack, so it's unfair to make that comparison. These are single target attacks that sometimes can or must split their damage between multiple targets, and should be balanced as such. They do a little more damage to single targets than most builds can achieve without even relying on weapon scaling, and more than double what most can achieve with full tempo and crits.

On the subject of immobilize and dancer's counters to it I also thinks that it's fine, technically speaking. I don't think that it's too strong since the rest beat nerf, but I think that it's an overflowing issue with the crazy damage numbers. Dancer's drop people so fast that one immobilize cure and a 3 round immunity along with it is all the time they need to never be immobilized in most cases. The immobilize/curing situation is most likely perfectly fine if this is handled. I do agree with Trex's points on dancer being kind of feast or famine with the immobilize situation vs crazy damage though, but I think that they should have better coverage for these effects that completely shut them down rather than using its current state to justify the insane damage numbers. Make dance hour cure frozen too. I also like the idea of dance hour getting a reduced cooldown based on the amount of burnt tempo, meaning it'll pretty much be ready again by the time their immunity wears off if they can fully stack tempo in between.

Also gonna have to pass on the san scaling idea. As bat mentioned, different races get vastly different additional benefits from san, making it a balancing nightmare to make it something of a focused stat that a class has heavy synergy with.

Side note also for Shujin's point on what I said about the passive +6 san. It is the only one of its kind in that it's in the base class, making it much easier to pick up as base classes rarely stretch you as thin on skill points as promotions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sadbot's post:
  • Shujin

Messages In This Thread
Dancer is still incredibly OP - by sadbot - 09-05-2022, 12:11 PM
RE: Dancer is still incredibly OP - by Autumn - 09-05-2022, 02:50 PM
RE: Dancer is still incredibly OP - by renowner - 09-05-2022, 02:54 PM
RE: Dancer is still incredibly OP - by Snake - 09-05-2022, 02:55 PM
RE: Dancer is still incredibly OP - by WaifuApple - 09-05-2022, 03:29 PM
RE: Dancer is still incredibly OP - by Trexmaster - 09-05-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: Dancer is still incredibly OP - by Kameron8 - 09-05-2022, 06:53 PM
RE: Dancer is still incredibly OP - by Snake - 09-05-2022, 08:01 PM
RE: Dancer is still incredibly OP - by Shujin - 09-05-2022, 07:40 PM