Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PvE difficulty scaling
Soloing is mostly fine in terms of difficulty even though top tier builds can trivialize most stuff except poison/burn sometimes and some bosses, but this suggestion is more geared towards partying.

It wasn't clear enough in my original post but I would like any increase in difficulty to be optional. I think crystal terminals are the perfect way to implement it. Simply have Nemalyth give you a permanent buff or something that modifies battles when you enter them as the party leader. You can toggle it at the terminal.

I think the game is hard enough as a baseline for people who aren't trying to be sweaty. But again, it's to make those team comps make more sense. Especially making the support leveling/grinding experience not a pain/useless. And giving PvE lovers something to do that is interesting without relying on raids. And heck, it could be combined with future raids or hard content to make it a really difficult challenge for the tryhards out there (like myself). I love this game but I mostly enjoy PvP because the PvE is simply too easy. There's no reason to minmax yourself for PvE or plan a team composition when everything in the game can be completed with a random team of non-optimized level 60s. And I think that's a real shame because there is so much potential in terms of strategizing and team composition in this game! People just don't use the synergy stuff or support builds even though they're out there. Just imagine if someone made a team of ranger doriads, or maybe a super buffing tactician with a team of knights. Or a firing squad. Or a performer that buffs the hell out of evokers. Or a team of invincible paladins that heal each other. Or even just a duo of one support and one damage dealer that work well together. Why would anyone do this? There's no point. Because pvp is almost exclusively casual and there is no hard PvE. And even if there was hard PvE, it doesn't let you level up as a team in a way that feels like it rewards the amount of effort you put in to be well organized and powerful, and it probably isn't going to challenge your team because there is no difficulty scaling so the top tier content must be doable by your average ragtag team.

Sorry for the bonus mini-rant lol but yeah it'd be optional

Messages In This Thread
PvE difficulty scaling - by Poruku - 01-23-2023, 05:57 PM
RE: PvE difficulty scaling - by Infernalis - 01-23-2023, 09:53 PM
RE: PvE difficulty scaling - by Poruku - 01-23-2023, 10:03 PM
RE: PvE difficulty scaling - by Infernalis - 01-24-2023, 12:47 AM
RE: PvE difficulty scaling - by Shujin - 01-24-2023, 02:01 PM
RE: PvE difficulty scaling - by renowner - 01-24-2023, 03:32 PM