Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Class Skill Renaming
Alright, just hear me out.
I think that, if at all possible, the possibility to rename the skills in our classes would be REALLY cool.

I think a few people at least have thought about the IC strangeness of everyone using the same techniques despite being totally separate from each other!
As such, I think it could bring a tiny bit of uniqueness to characters to be able to just rename their class's skills. This would not change them in any substantial mechanical way or anything of course, since that would just be... well, a bit much, but I think the cosmetic of flavoring names could go a long way.
The act of renaming skills could also be a salve to players with racial skills that they don't want to be blasted in battle (though Vampire is in a... state, there has always been rather prominent metagame of Banquet when it's used in battle, and I've also been victim to that.), or if they would prefer to not exactly be a by the book Evoker, Black Knight, Bard, etc.
In terms of Korvara as well, it'd be a nice way to be able to never have to explain how we're using concepts unique to Sigrogana (Priest coming to mind...)

Of course, I know I'm making a suggestion for something that could be abused. However, something like this has to be subject to the same rules that player/youkai names, weapon/equipment names, and everything already has. If it's abused, you get slapped.
Not to mention that a name change wouldn't change the description of the skill either. You can just click it's name in both new and old chat and still get the same description...

I just want to suggest it - because even if it comes on as a "Class Regalia" Patreon item, it'd still be a worthwhile thing for a lot of people...
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Shadbase's post:
  • firehawk11, Poruku

Messages In This Thread
Class Skill Renaming - by Shadbase - 02-21-2023, 02:16 AM
RE: Class Skill Renaming - by Poruku - 02-21-2023, 04:32 AM
RE: Class Skill Renaming - by Snake - 02-21-2023, 03:11 PM
RE: Class Skill Renaming - by Shadbase - 02-21-2023, 03:19 PM
RE: Class Skill Renaming - by Shujin - 02-23-2023, 04:30 PM
RE: Class Skill Renaming - by Autumn - 02-23-2023, 04:32 PM
RE: Class Skill Renaming - by Poruku - 02-23-2023, 06:54 PM