Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Class Skill Renaming
(02-23-2023, 06:54 PM)Poruku Wrote: Banquet being called out is kinda part of the risk of using the skill.

Counterargument:
There's a difference between someone seeing it, RPing with you about it, and you have an interaction... and someone sees you, runs the fuck off, and starts screaming you being a Vampire to other people. That's not taking a fucking risk, Polk. That's trying to get your shit up privately, and someone's an asshole about it in a way that they don't get GM slapped because it's """technically""" IC. And realistically no, if you saw someone randomly biting Jammers, Sand Sharks, Barghests, etc. - they're just fucking weird. They're not automatically a vampire - or even a Wyverntouched. Lest you forget that Wyverntouched bite & suck people and monsters too for about the same effect since you can't actually SEE poison doing anything to a monster or person unless you SPECIFICALLY RP it that way - which people usually don't. Unless you're another Vampire, perish for randomly deciding you can metagame that just because you see a skill name.

But you are right for the record, it's mostly flavor - but including flavoring a racial in a way that isn't """as obvious""" IS a part of that flavor.

(02-23-2023, 04:30 PM)Shujin Wrote: But certainly could be abused and needs to be monitored, and not sure if the admins wanna deal with that.

Then... they wouldn't be admins in the first place? It's their job they signed up for with all it entails, Shujin. They already have to monitor the things I mentioned.

(02-23-2023, 05:13 PM)the homestuck man himself Wrote:
For normal skills:
Custom Skill Name (Actual Skill Name)

For skills that do not appear in the chat/invocations:

CUSTOM INVOCATION/SKILL NAME
(Actual Invocation/Skill Name)
This could be added to the other confusion inducing mechanics to a degree.

Phat agree, I wish I had this thought too but I know Kaw always got my ass-
Plus Autumn has a point too - I never said it'd be HIDING what the skill actually does. I said in the original post that you can just click the gold text in the chat box, and it still brings up the skill's same description. The point isn't to fully obfuscate something to where nobody has any idea of what you're doing at all ever no shot - it's to cater to your IC in a way to where you'll feel a slight bit more unique, or at least throw people off in the IC if that's how you want to flavor something
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]

Messages In This Thread
Class Skill Renaming - by Shadbase - 02-21-2023, 02:16 AM
RE: Class Skill Renaming - by Poruku - 02-21-2023, 04:32 AM
RE: Class Skill Renaming - by Snake - 02-21-2023, 03:11 PM
RE: Class Skill Renaming - by Shadbase - 02-21-2023, 03:19 PM
RE: Class Skill Renaming - by Shujin - 02-23-2023, 04:30 PM
RE: Class Skill Renaming - by Autumn - 02-23-2023, 04:32 PM
RE: Class Skill Renaming - by Poruku - 02-23-2023, 06:54 PM
RE: Class Skill Renaming - by Shadbase - 02-23-2023, 09:09 PM
RE: Class Skill Renaming - by renowner - 02-23-2023, 09:36 PM