Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solblader: Lux Relido
Just to counter the 'all invokes are stronger' claim, I'd just like to point to Exgalfa. Unless it's since been fixed, I still have vivid memories of watching it do 0, 0, 2, 0, 2, 0, etc. Honestly, the stats are in-line with invocations, gets its own little damage boost, and can STACK with what makes Evoker invocations stronger damage-wise. Especially now with post-nerf CM.
every invocation should be a map wide evade ignore then the game can truly be balanced

Flash of Light enables you to get this off in one round; Photon Ring into Solsphere is a valid combo but costs Sol Charges and positions them closer to you; it is heavily more momentum efficient for damage but sometimes the positioning and cost involved can be a detriment.

Certain ranges and sometimes the AoE it can deal makes it a preferable option. It's not going to be better than casting a spell three times, nor should it ever be; unless people actually want to relive pre-revamp isenshi all over again.

Just make it more consistent with other combos, increase glowing duration so its less awkward on non-flash combos to utilize and I dunno, maybe give it slightly more damage on glowing? Or more range to amplify its niche.

As is, it's more or less just a solid option for flash SB/DH to burn Blazing Sol on for really big numbers and hitting people from a decent range.
[-] The following 2 users Like Miller's post:
  • Autumn, Caboozles
As a question. Since I've not had the LUXury of using this ability.

Does Lux Relido have a flexible line to a tile, or to a target? Mostly asking because if it's to a tile, you can probably at least get more people than a target required does.
Its a flexible line yeah. So hitting two is probably feasible.

I doubt you can hit more than two though, since people ain't going to stand there like deers in a headlight when you invoke it.

@Miller
I can see it, but "it costs solcharge" argument is also like...Just use some of the momentum you save to charge it again. its just one. Other than that I guess you are right.

While more damage is an option, my personal preference is an anti-tank option, having maybe 50% resistance piercing or something. But I am good with whatever really.

You know? I just want to roleplay as Haurchefant: (FF14 Heavenward spoilers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xlnC8Shm4g
It doesn't need to have huge range, it doesn't need to have huge damage, it doesn't need to evade ignore, it doesn't need to be a big aoe, or a busted secondary effect... But it should have at least one of those things to compete with the evokes that have all of those. It's not terrible, just barely worth using, kinda like fire breath funnily enough. It's just a lot of momentum for a mediocre result.

Something like making the glowing bonus damage far bigger would be interesting. Could also make it generate sol charges based on enemies hit.

Maybe if you hit the solsphere with it it could autocast radiant surrender (the explosion) and fire an extra beam in each cardinal direction (only expands the aoe, doesnt hit twice with extra beams). Now that would be cool as fuck.
(07-08-2024, 08:02 PM)Poruku Wrote: It doesn't need to have huge range, it doesn't need to have huge damage, it doesn't need to evade ignore, it doesn't need to be a big aoe, or a busted secondary effect... But it should have at least one of those things to compete with the evokes that have all of those. It's not terrible, just barely worth using, kinda like fire breath funnily enough. It's just a lot of momentum for a mediocre result.

I'm going to chime in and say that a 200%/100% Light ATK invoke which can crit for 1.25x damage does 250%/125% damage, or more than literally any other invocation save for a super lucky Exgalfa and memey Railgans. Yes Divine Shower does more total damage in a teamfight, divine shower doesn't come with a trait that lowers it's momentum costs though. If you can get off a Lux Relido off for only 4m you've already overshadowed Divine Shower against up to 3 people in terms of momentum efficiency, even more if you can nail more than one target, and even more if greaper is nailed on too.

The issue is the awkwardness of targeting a glowing enemy, and not much else imo.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Miller, Shujin
I think primarly its not about damage. Like most of the Invocations usually come with some very useful utility. And we all know Exgalfa sucks.

Vydll-> Super good range, disruption potential, AoE Knockdown. overall very strong.
Itensify cold-> for 2 turns you and your whole team basically have fleur for Ice and super ice damage, plus frostbite shenanigans (which I guess ain't that great anymore). I'd argue thats one of the best invocations we have currently. its really good, even more so when your team can Captialize on it.
Isenshi-> Still pretty alright, because of the AoE size, though its new condition is certainly tough to set up on PVP.
Overload-> got hit pretty hard, I don't actually know how strong it is today. Bonus stats are quite normal for people to have so it seems like it be still pretty good with a crit.

The main thing about all of those is, that they all have *30% Damage innate in their class-kit, without needing you to get out of your way. Sure you CAN get that on Solblader, but that does force you to subclass evoker, which argument you can probably make for every invocation aside for the evoker invocations. Its certainly more investment though, than pure envoker

Am not disagreeing though, it doesn't need much. (and I totally did know you can shave off momentum from Lux. thats not news to me. Totally... Real talk though, the 3 "Of Light" thingies need a way to check their description, the info is all over the place.)

EDIT:
Wow, I am an idiot....I actually never knew that we CAN look at that stuff by pressing Shift+Click.
That makes stuff so much easier. Dev, actually smort.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • Poruku
It should knockback enemies by 1 tile and ignore knockback immunity for that one, to make it more impactful.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Maybe an additional effect based on the style of solblader you are? Wall of light reduces the target's damage dealt, flash of light increases damage dealt by light element attacks, and speed reduces your hit vs the user while holy aura is active/units with wings of light?