Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranylyn's reasoning: BW Tweak.
There are a number of .very. light tomes that have decent attack power. Heck, the ones I am wielding are 6 weight. Anyone can wield them, almost, and they have 10 power to start out with. Sure, it's a higher rarity tome, but from what you're saying "That isn't the case" because you Legend Authored, you should be ~fine~
So, not only do I have to relevel to try to dungeon for hours to get the tome (which is most likely a fan, something my character doesn't use and won't be darkness damage like I want), just to hope it has good qualities, doesn't increase in weight, and not use the item I actually like, all because the logic of their weight is ridiculous.

Like I said in the other post. It's pretty sad that Seirina's Spelledge Axe, an Axe, that has 31 power that provides more Spell Damage and base damage than Kigal, weighs less than the tome itself. That's utterly, pathetic.

Swords, axes, and other melee weapons weigh on par to, or even less, than books, is my point. How does that remotely make any logical sense? If anything all this is doing is making those items (like the already hated Excelgraph) even less desired and forcing a form of meta to shift to a different meta instead of allowing some character creativity with weapon damage and design. Sure, I can rename something, like I planned on doing with the Magical Moon I want, but in the event something doesn't work, I should be able to have a back-up plan without worrying about the fact being prepared makes me fight like someone brand new to combat.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
A magical Sun weighs 16 base, an excel graph weighs 18 base.

Magical Suns have numerous things that increase their weight, namely the things that give +POWER also give +WEIGHT to it. If it's carapace, +8 weight right there. Which is about 27 or so weight for that axe at max, barring any HEAVY or light.

Excelgraphs, and Kigals, are BOTH 18 weight. They have no modifiers, outside of quality < Which the Kigal does not get, mind you it has 20 base but divine makes it 18 > that affect their weight. While The Magical Sun has .numerous. things that affect its weight. Most of it being ores, and if you wish to maximize its power, like you say you want, it will require you to take +3 weight for +3 power, a very measly, and AVOIDABLE change. Now, looking at your statement.

"Weight" isn't about how much it weighs, exactly. Dev stated in the lore thread that a weapon that weighs under 0 isn't light enough to float away, it infact means just how .wieldly. it is. Something with negative weight would be so properly balanced that it would be perfect in combat. However, compare that to a TOME, which is hundreds upon hundreds of pages bound in leather, or metal depending. I can see that being rather 'unwieldy'.

Now, tomes being ridiculously heavy? Yeah. Thats kind of bad. However that doesn't mean you go "LOLCHANGE THE SYSTEM THAT WAS JUST IMPLEMENTED!" Give it a week, so we can see how everything goes. Packrat will give a decent bit of BW, and that should help.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1221#p1221 Wrote:Rendar » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:47 pm[/url]"]Now, tomes being ridiculously heavy? Yeah. Thats kind of bad. However that doesn't mean you go "LOLCHANGE THE SYSTEM THAT WAS JUST IMPLEMENTED!" Give it a week, so we can see how everything goes. Packrat will give a decent bit of BW, and that should help.

I can agree with that somewhat, I just like a little logic -sometimes- in my games. I doubt tomes are made out of metal anyway since they don't get metal qualities, and even then, leather wouldn't weigh a whole lot even with tons of pages packed into it. Comparing it to books today, or even in the past? They still don't weigh as much as a sword does. A think a book would be much more wieldly than a weapon purely made out of metal or other materials that aren't paper. Swords, shouldn't weigh less, than that. Weight factor or not, that's still completely illogical and a sword would be more difficult to wield than tomes.

Although, even with max power, Divine, and +Power customs on my Magical Sun that's Magmic (wish it was Artic, but meh), it's still only 17 weight at 31 power.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

Quote:"Weight" isn't about how much it weighs, exactly. Dev stated in the lore thread that a weapon that weighs under 0 isn't light enough to float away, it infact means just how .wieldly. it is. Something with negative weight would be so properly balanced that it would be perfect in combat. However, compare that to a TOME, which is hundreds upon hundreds of pages bound in leather, or metal depending. I can see that being rather 'unwieldy'.

With that said, I would enjoy getting some sort of bonus for having proficiency (Axe, Sword, Bow, Gun, etc) in a weapon then.
While I see the concept behind battle weight being a good thing. Some of the weapons in the game have too much weight. I mean magical or not books shouldn't weigh more than swords no matter how you try to spin it.

Unless....AWW SNAP, KIGAL WIELDING BLACK KNIGHTS! NEW META!

No but seriously look at this, Peep the weights:
http://gyazo.com/d3a2c90783bf6cf0b3e1f920d8d4c938 - Braver Replica
http://gyazo.com/0e099f66ff161c0761782022fda7ed70 - Kigal Replica

I understand this is a test but if Dev decides to put this in then I suggest changing some of the weapons to be a bit more fair. Aaand unlike Ryu I'm not gonna sit here and argue if you don't agree because the suggestion's not for you. d:
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1226#p1226 Wrote:NaitoPsych » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:36 pm[/url]"]While I see the concept behind battle weight being a good thing. Some of the weapons in the game have too much weight. I mean magical or not books shouldn't weigh more than swords no matter how you try to spin it.

Unless....AWW SNAP, KIGAL WIELDING BLACK KNIGHTS! NEW META!

No but seriously look at this, Peep the weights:
http://gyazo.com/d3a2c90783bf6cf0b3e1f920d8d4c938 - Braver Replica
http://gyazo.com/0e099f66ff161c0761782022fda7ed70 - Kigal Replica

I understand this is a test but if Dev decides to put this in then I suggest changing some of the weapons to be a bit more fair. Aaand unlike Ryu I'm not gonna sit here and argue if you don't agree because the suggestion's not for you. d:

I'd also like to mention from these, you can slap custom parts (including weight reductions) on swords, tomes don't get that.

A backpack full of textbooks is heavy. A single textbook is under
the arm material for even the frailest of magicians. I'm sorry,
but from a logic standpoint, EVERY TOME SHOULD WEIGH 2, AND
EVERY FAN SHOULD WEIGH 0.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1230#p1230 Wrote:LadyLightning » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:17 pm[/url]"]A backpack full of textbooks is heavy. A single textbook is under
the arm material for even the frailest of magicians. I'm sorry,
but from a logic standpoint, EVERY TOME SHOULD WEIGH 2, AND
EVERY FAN SHOULD WEIGH 0.

Well, not exactly, but not as much as they weigh right now, geez. Sure, most mage armor is 0, but with their STR potential they barely reach the mid 20s, and one tome itself weighs over half that. So people like VAs and Kensei will be able to dual wield, wear good armor (probably unarmored anyway) and have no penalties due to BW, while everyone else suffers.

..Yes, excactly. Let's look up some real-life objects' actual weights.

Tomes

The average weight of an 8x6 inch hardcover book is 1 lb., 15 oz..
That's just an ounce less than 2 pounds.

Melee Weapons

These weight estimates come from the Caid kingdom of the SCA, or
Society for Creative Anachronism. This group regularly participates
in large-scale mock battles using solely medieval gear and methods.
They forge their own things, and live for extended lengths of time
'in period,' as though it were still medieval times, in all aspects of
their lives.

The average weight of a medieval one-handed sword is 2 lbs., 7 oz..
The average weight of a medieval greatsword is 7lbs., 12 oz..

The average weight of a medieval mace is 3 lbs., 5 oz..
Axes are similar enough to maces that 'Club' is an Axe subtype here
in SL2.

The average weight of a medieval spear is 5 lbs., 15 oz..