Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An invitation to the half-terlife
The biggest offender of EI atm is that it goes vs defense after the cap is reached, meaning it's reduced to damage that is usually lower than your basic attack, doesn't seem like a desperation attack, there's been a few suggestions before like it being a skill that can only be used once per fight that lowers somebody to your HP%, and various other things, does anyone have any other better ideas here to give off it's feel of being a desperation attack once again?
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
A desperation attack is something that is high-risk, high-reward. So, I imagine that scaling up the FP cost, removing the cap on damage, twinking the math of the skill so that tanks don't do more damage with it, and making it only usable once per fight or with a large cooldown would make it fit its' description.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"Egil" Wrote:A desperation attack is something that is high-risk, high-reward. So, I imagine that scaling up the FP cost, removing the cap on damage, twinking the math of the skill so that tanks don't do more damage with it, and making it only usable once per fight or with a large cooldown would make it fit its' description.
The thought pattern that you put in the idea 'desperation attack' is quite well-portrayed in what you say.

I'll have to agree there.

Kind regards,
DJScias
I'm the host of Sigrogana Legend 1 & 2, if something is wrong you can contact me on Discord @ DJScias#0812.
(Keep it to emergencies only please.)
Although Egil makes a good point on it needing to be an attack in desperation I probably fall in the same line of thinking as Kameron and Lolzy.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Eh exxy, I'm all for a buff to ether invite, because its admittedly useless.

I'd be for a flat out unresistable, unmitigatable, percentage based damage

Usable at less than 50% hp, reduces targets health bar by 1/2% your missing health

so if you were at 20%, it would delete 40% of your targets health. Then go on a 5 turn cooldown so its balanced in group fights
I'm more so leaning on it just getting proper scaling, or leaving it to reduce someone's HP% to your HP%

Either way, EI does not need a cooldown, this is already in effect via claret call, which gives the choice of saving your last chance or going for broke with EI.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Couldn't we just. . . Make it interact with the cap limit -after- Defense(s) and Armour take place?
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
"Exxy" Wrote:Couldn't we just. . . Make it interact with the cap limit -after- Defense(s) and Armour take place?

That's what I suggested as well. This seems like an easier fix than reworking it in its entirety.
"Kameron8" Wrote:
"Exxy" Wrote:Couldn't we just. . . Make it interact with the cap limit -after- Defense(s) and Armour take place?

That's what I suggested as well. This seems like an easier fix than reworking it in its entirety.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best solution. But yes, I hopped onto this notion after seeing you post equivocally the same idea (I think, can't remember well at 1:30 AM).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Is increasing the damage cap not the more sensible solution? GR made HP totals much higher, and the only issue is that it doesn't do enough damage for the restrictions on it.