Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youkai Skills
Well, three things come to mind. We could:

1. Nerf the %scaling across the board for Summoners using Youkai spells, down from 340.
2. Give Summoners using these abilities a different formula, one that involves SWA.
3. Specifically change the formula for the Youkai spells commonly jacked up to enormous levels.

Either way, I find it important to mention I don't think any scaling needs to be touched for the actual summons themselves.
Well, that.. or just change how well the defensive stat scaling youkai skills.. scale.

From 340 to something a fair amount less. [strike]Also probably lower Paraetta to not give such a large heal. Make it take into account damage dealt AFTER defenses were applied would make the heal a lot less silly.[/strike]
Agreed, the Youkai themselves aren't the issue so much as the ones Evoking them.

Personally, I'd like to either see a penalty for Summoners doing the Evoking without Bonded Youkai or Installing that Youkai. (Say 25% less damage?)

Or taking particular cases and tuning them down, now the ones I think need a look at the most are the ones I've mentioned from the start, here's why:

Hunter Wind (CEL scaling, deals damage and applies Hunted, increasing damage by up to 30% for subsequent attacks)
Parraeta (VIT scaling, deals damage and heals yourself by half, no cooldown like most heals these days)
Ruby Beam (DEF scaling, deals damage and has a chance to Blind)
Black Rose (RES scaling, deals damage and has a chance to either Blind or Charm)
Drown (VIT scaling, deals damage and has a chance to Silence)

Now there are other skills that scale with defensive stats (Mare Wing, Whirlpool, Shatter Beam and partially Deathtouch but I don't find their effects to be as overbearing so they could probably be excused or at least not hit as hard as the ones I've listed.)

As for Ice Jet, I think that's less Ice Jet's fault and more the fact that you can use two Arctic Spine Leashes (giving you +30 Ice ATK for both) and Verglas being able to strip Ice Resistance to allow it to deal it's hefty damage without being as impeded as some other elements are.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Again, I suggest either a rework to elemental attack, or to give each Youkai skill its own scaling. Paretta could probably use 200% attack at level 60, due to its utility and element. It heals and deals damage while only needing a single defensive stat, and the element is fairly rarely resisted.
"Slydria" Wrote:Agreed, the Youkai themselves aren't the issue so much as the ones Evoking them.

Personally, I'd like to either see a penalty for Summoners doing the Evoking without Bonded Youkai or Installing that Youkai. (Say 25% less damage?)

Or taking particular cases and tuning them down, now the ones I think need a look at the most are the ones I've mentioned from the start, here's why:

Hunter Wind (CEL scaling, deals damage and applies Hunted, increasing damage by up to 30% for subsequent attacks)
Parraeta (VIT scaling, deals damage and heals yourself by half, no cooldown like most heals these days)
Ruby Beam (DEF scaling, deals damage and has a chance to Blind)
Black Rose (RES scaling, deals damage and has a chance to either Blind or Charm)
Drown (VIT scaling, deals damage and has a chance to Silence)

Why not make Youkai >spells< cost 10% of your max FP, 5% of your max FP if Bonded Youkai and 0% of your max FP if Installed with the Youkai the spell belongs to, added to the normal FP cost and a 2 round cooldown for those spells/skills listed below, if the user is the Summoner?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
cool downs are bad mmkay, because they was skills/spells work

dev would need to jank code youkai skills to only have a cool down when used by the summoner, or else youkai would take a unnecessary hit

youkai only have 6m, they can't double tap attack, most of them don't even have the skill to be reliable attackers.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:cool downs are bad mmkay, because they was skills/spells work

dev would need to jank code youkai skills to only have a cool down when used by the summoner, or else youkai would take a unnecessary hit.

[Image: be85a11a1d24490d8e50a11933689888.png]

So ye, we're on the same train of thought. If Dev keeps nerfing damage, we'll end up only having Evoker/Critduelists for it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:cool downs are bad mmkay, because they was skills/spells work

dev would need to jank code youkai skills to only have a cool down when used by the summoner, or else youkai would take a unnecessary hit

youkai only have 6m, they can't double tap attack, most of them don't even have the skill to be reliable attackers.

Summoner only CD wouldn't be very difficult to do. Neither would Summoner-only reduced elemental ATK scaling.

I also think that CDs aren't bad at all and are actually very important to deepening strategy because it forces people to adjust their usual patterns.