Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranger Danger
Honestly the only nerf bows need is just take away knockdown on pulling shot, stun's already been dealt with

Pulling shot is the most oppressive skill archers have, it'd be fine if they weren't knocking you down from a million feet away.
neat, remove one of the last remaining viable ways to use demon hunters wild ride.

yeah the world needs reliable knockdowns, get on guard.
You sound very sore about it Lolzy, from a balance perspective, pulling shot got absolutely bonkers when it started using all of your range buffs.
Removing the KD on Pulling Shot or giving it a minimum range like Quaking Heaven Kick, probably. I'd be more fine with the latter, honestly.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Having an actual /reason/ to level up pulling shot would be nice. Right now it's better left at rank 1 half the time because you really don't want to pull someone into melee with you half the time.

Pulling shot > BBC is probably the scummiest thing to do as an archer, but also super counterable if you wear a mirror and let them hit themselves for a chunk of their own health.

All in all; I'd be fine with Gust Arrow having a different effect besides "MOAR RANGE" because it is, almost always, an archers arrow of choice. Longdraw is fine. Gust arrow is not.
I'm fine with a gust arrow change, I listed off all the +range modifiers, so the community could figure out which one is the glaring oversight? too many in general? one really strong one.

I'd be completely fine with a gust arrow change, I'm against knockdown nerfs, because most knockdown nerf threads come from losing to knockdown, you can opt into a trait to avoid Knockdown (which could use a duration buff possibly), two base classes that can get out of knockdowns without momentum loss aswell.
You guys talk as if they can silence Haunting/Blink and completely prevent chase attempts. Eesh. Whatever, let's aim for possible solutions then:

Quote:- Gust Arrows can be always changed to something other than extra range. Maybe a simple 2 tile knock back (away from the attacker) on-hit, and the Mage's Wind Enchant makes the knock back bigger, like 4 tiles per shot/skill.
or
- Gust Arrows increase Hit by Rank * 5 (or 10), reduce the Bow's Scaled Weapon Attack by Rank * 5 (or 10) and nullify the Bow's close range penalty.

or Both, why not?

Quote:- Pulling Shot should only inflict knockdown on Rank 5+, Dynamic Shooting already gives too much benefits overall with the hit buff.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:You guys talk as if they can silence Haunting/Blink and completely prevent chase attempts. Eesh.

[Image: 58b177b4aa.png]

They can.

Thorn shooter was a problem weapon since the GR went live and has never been touched upon, but, this topic's about range.

A range cap would be the easiest solution, maybe with some sources of range ignoring the cap (like volley formation).
o sht
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]