Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: December (2017)
How do excel weapons charge up specifically? Is there an engine on them when we don't even have trains? Or is the focus you expend simply fueled into the weapon for a magically suped up attack?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Does a method exist to establish magical two-way communication (think Sending ala DnD) ? If so, is this something PCs would be capable of doing?
Running off of the D&D themed questions most recently.

1) Would it be far-fetched to say that there’s such thing as a Warlock (ie. a type of mage that uses the astrological ‘gods’ as a source of power, or a primal elemental)?
1a) What would be the patron restrictions, if so?

2) We know Dark Bards are a thing, but do they have any sort of powers other than wicked shreds?

3) Did the concept of a god exist before the Contention, excluding gods that existed before it, by the proto-humans?

4) Are Lycanthropes the only type of Were-creatures, or are there others, like werebears, weretigers, etc?

5) Do other D&D/general fantasy themed monsters exist in the world, and if so, what are they?

6) Is there such a thing as Dwarves as a race, perhaps living within the Alstalsian mountains? (If so, I’d definitely suggest a stat block after answers come out.)

7) To the topic of the starsign ‘gods’. Are those actual gods, or are those planets/stars everyone just is interested in? And would Iahsus be considered one as well?
[Image: unknown.png]
How dangerous is it for NPC guards to be guarding the Manor all the time? Is it possible to still enter it from different directions?

What is the extent that hexes can do, exactly? Is there a limit, or is it mostly free-range so long as you have the power and imagination?
Expanding Sarah's questions:

1- In that regard, could the Darkwood Manor be considered a Black Door Phenomenon after such heavy spooky influences by that house's lord?

2- What about the static dungeons? They don't fade away, but are still dangerous places packed with monsters.

3- This is more a (Sam) theory, but... Would anything done to a Black Door Phenomenon be impossible to stick, due to how erratic those places are and (probably) tend to warp back and forth in time and space?
((Example: If we go up to a BDP and barricate up every possible entrance so other people can never enter it. Would it stay like this permanently, or 'by it being a BDP', it will magically reverse in time or something?))
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"GSM" Wrote:snip

Basically, the blood of a vampire doesn't contain focus naturally - which is why they have to feed. A fed vampire's blood does have some focus in it as a result. Hopefully that clears things up.

"Blissey" Wrote:The Church has always led people to believe that the over-dependence and use of Mercana promotes chaos and complacency. They've explained why, and done so well. However, it raises one (maybe more) question(s), which are hopefully answered in scripture, maybe?:

If Mercala potentially knew that her boon would potentially cause strife, why would she implement it? Perhaps she didn't mean to, and it was an accident during Heaven's Contention (perhaps when she healed a certain someone)? I have a feeling Mercala would explain this to her followers in some way, because this is a very easy rebuttal to the presence of Mercana, and thus making it seem much more detrimental than it is.

I guess you could phrase it as not discarding the value of fire just because arson exists, which is to say, just because it can be abused doesn't mean it shouldn't be used to help those in need.

"TheCommonNoob" Wrote:Medical questions!

1. Does healing a wound with Mercalan magic cleanse it of infections and the likes?

2. How advanced is medical technology in a general sense?

3. Do pills exist? Or is it just potions, herbs, liquid medicines, etc.

(Edit) Bonus question

4. What would happen if one were to have nullstone impaled or lodged in them? I'm imagining something like the 'Origin Bullet' from Fate/Zero.

1) It will cleanse the wound, yes.
2) Since we have magic it could be considered somewhat more advanced than you'd think for the setting, at least in terms of medical treatment. There aren't things like life support machines or other complex machines, at least in any common sense. Maybe there are some mad scientists who have something like that in their labs, but it's not something out in the world, so to speak.
3) Pills do exist, yes.
4) The area around the nullstone would be a little more resistant to magic, and I assume depending on the location it would cause some medical issues, but maybe not.

"Skullcatrons" Wrote:Re-wording questions:

1. Are mechana forest capable of expanding, and growing more tree of it kind?

2. Had there been any attempts that we know of where people tried to plant their own trees outside of Mechana Forest.
-->2a. If so, what happened to these said people?
-->2b. Is there any law against illegal planting of said tree?

edit

3. In 2014. Doraids can converts Sunlight into focus as long as they're exposed to the sun. Is this information still held true today?

edit v2

4. Can you give me average population per continents, except Mersales? [People, ofc!]

5. Had the ASAGO company been working on improving their LaPlaceNet request technology recently?

6. What EXACTLY, is a requirement to become a Church knight?

7. Red-tails. Their tail, and ears come in multiple colours, or just red?

8. Were there any attempts to see if they could communicate with the Spatial Core, or People never cared?

Edit v3 - Phobos Edition

9. From last thread. You needed me to clarify. Phobos, the Shaitan general of Chaturanga, believed there was a greater threat to the Great Six continents. Which he decided that the elves are the Enemies. After throwing the state of turmoil. What else did Phobos do during this phrase?

10. As of status of Phobos. Is he alive, or deceased?

Edit V4 - Reapers

11. Now that we know Emna is considered a myth to the Reapers. How do Reapers feel about the God of Anti-life, Huggesson? Is he considered a myth, or an enemy to their cause considering he prefers undeath solution.

1) Only within the boundaries of the forest itself. It's contained to the land the forest is on, however.
2) The trees of Mechana Forest can only grow in the soil of the forest. If you planted it elsewhere, it wouldn't grow.
3) Yes.
4) A few million per.
5) Of course. The hard working Asago Corporation never rests.
6) Maybe I'll write up a lore post on the organization which details this, but not right now.
7) Multiple colors.
8) I don't think many people would think to try and talk with a mysterious rock.
9) I... am afraid I still don't understand what is being asked exactly. Sad
10) Phobos is very much alive.
11) They don't have many feelings on him, I would say. They only really care about things that disturb the soul after death.

"Spoops" Wrote:Recently Sadie mentioned a card game from Karaten where the face sides of the cards have illustrations of monsters on the front, is this a card game akin to real life card games such as Yugioh or Pokemon? (another example would be like Triple Triad in Final Fantasy) Would the monster cards be stuff like Jammers/Spatials etc.? And would this eventually be a game feature at some point?

Yes. I don't know if it'd be a game feature at some point, but maybe.

"Shujin" Wrote:I couldn't find it via search so I ask again here:

1.) Whats the world/planet that the great six are on as it's whole called? Is it really Sigrogana aswell? If so are there alternative names some cultures use?

Reminds a me alot on the Vegeta meme. "Me, My son or the planet?"- "Yes"

2.)Illusions. We know that they can actually trick people into sustaining true injuries in certain conditions. So sentient beings can be physically harmed in a sense. How much does it effect non-sentient things? If people are made to believe that a house burns to ashes, will it burn to ashes or be entirely unaffacted? Or does this simply depend on the skill of the Illusionist and his abbility to "Bend reality"?

3.) Illusions in medical sense. In the manga/anime Katekyoo hitman Reborn, there was an illusionist who basically tricked a girl that had malfunctioning or even absolutely missing organs to work, which allowed her to keep on living cause "Illusions are real aslong as you believe them" in their lore. Is something similar possible here?

4.) Does fighting at the arena for money count as gambling, Aka would it be considered illegal by the Law?

5.) The currency Murai is basically just a value for stuff like Gems, coins, gold and all that. So I assume the market is globalized so there are no other real currency used in different countries, right? Like oniga having their own currency?
I am asking because someone mentioned some exchange rates ICly and it made no real sense to me in a globalized market like murai.

1) It's really called Sigrogana, yes.
2) Illusions are things that manipulate the senses, so they aren't effective on things that don't have senses.
3) No, not really.
4) Betting on matches would be considered illegal, but getting paid to fight wouldn't be.
5) Essentially, although there is officially created coin/paper currency for Murai as well.

"Snake" Wrote:1- Are things like 'Board Game Online', 'Yu-Gi-Oh' or 'Cards Against Humanity' IC games?

2- What would be their Sigrogana Legends 2 names, if so?

3- If not, could they be IC but only if we didn't directly relate them to the OOC game, such as explaining "We're playing a board game" ICly, but OOCly "We're playing BGO"?

1) Obviously not YGO or CAH. Board games are a maybe.
2) See 1.
3) Only in the sense that you're actually playing a game ICly. You can't play YGO ICly, as an example, so obviously that one wouldn't fly.

"Grandpa" Wrote:Is it possible for any kind of foliage (grass, trees, etc) to grow outside of Oniga in Gold? (Anywhere beyond the green patch)

Would doriads or rangers be able to force that kind of growth?

If so, what's stopping someone from just fixing the whole place and stopping it from being a desert?

If not, would those kinds of abilities (from doriads or rangers) simply not work, or work kind of and then immediately fade away in terms of plant life?

1) It's possible.
2) Yes.
3) Plants wither extremely quickly, even if they grow through some magic. Obviously, the piles of sand don't make the best soil, either.

"Blooderty12" Wrote:Medical questions regarding surgeries.

1) My character has come up with an RP for a solution of someone that is missing some tongue mass. He decided that an artificial reconstruction would be possible using eel nerves, a canvas mold to get the schematic of another individual with the tongue intact, Jammer tissue to mold the tongue. Is my RP out of context? I also decided to involve Mercalan magicians to control the bleeding with graft and anesthesia would be herbs that induce numbing effects.

2) At the moment minor surgeries are available, can my character be the pioneer of some method of major surgery?

3) When will we be able to do surgery and not rely so much on Mercala and magical healing? My character feels that magic is anathema in the field of medicine

1) I don't really want to validate/invalidate any RP in Lore Questions, since that's not really what it's for.
2) See above. Surgery is already a thing in Sigrogana, though.
3) See 2.

"Raigen.Convict" Wrote:How do excel weapons charge up specifically? Is there an engine on them when we don't even have trains? Or is the focus you expend simply fueled into the weapon for a magically suped up attack?

Something like an engine, it uses focus to propel the weapon forward at a high speed and causes a powerful shock on impact.

"Trexmaster" Wrote:Does a method exist to establish magical two-way communication (think Sending ala DnD) ? If so, is this something PCs would be capable of doing?

Yes, but only to pre-designated locations, similar to how portals work. It is also faulty and prone to interference in bad weather, so it can be very unreliable.

"GSM" Wrote:Running off of the D&D themed questions most recently.

1) Would it be far-fetched to say that there’s such thing as a Warlock (ie. a type of mage that uses the astrological ‘gods’ as a source of power, or a primal elemental)?
1a) What would be the patron restrictions, if so?

2) We know Dark Bards are a thing, but do they have any sort of powers other than wicked shreds?

3) Did the concept of a god exist before the Contention, excluding gods that existed before it, by the proto-humans?

4) Are Lycanthropes the only type of Were-creatures, or are there others, like werebears, weretigers, etc?

5) Do other D&D/general fantasy themed monsters exist in the world, and if so, what are they?

6) Is there such a thing as Dwarves as a race, perhaps living within the Alstalsian mountains? (If so, I’d definitely suggest a stat block after answers come out.)

7) To the topic of the starsign ‘gods’. Are those actual gods, or are those planets/stars everyone just is interested in? And would Iahsus be considered one as well?

1) It's probably best not to step too far out of the existing classes in this regard. If there's interest for that sort of thing, it can be explored.
2) They can probably make your eardrums explode.
3) Yes.
4) Lycanthropy is the general term for such things, it's not exclusive to werewolves.
5) A bit too vague, but probably.
6) Honestly not something that exists within the lore currently but maybe in the future.
7) I believe this was answered in a previous topic. Iahsus wouldn't be considered one.

"Sarah54321" Wrote:How dangerous is it for NPC guards to be guarding the Manor all the time? Is it possible to still enter it from different directions?

What is the extent that hexes can do, exactly? Is there a limit, or is it mostly free-range so long as you have the power and imagination?

1) They probably wouldn't guard it, but nothing comes out of the manor grounds anyway.
2) The limit is what they can do in-game.

"Snake" Wrote:Expanding Sarah's questions:

1- In that regard, could the Darkwood Manor be considered a Black Door Phenomenon after such heavy spooky influences by that house's lord?

2- What about the static dungeons? They don't fade away, but are still dangerous places packed with monsters.

3- This is more a (Sam) theory, but... Would anything done to a Black Door Phenomenon be impossible to stick, due to how erratic those places are and (probably) tend to warp back and forth in time and space?
((Example: If we go up to a BDP and barricate up every possible entrance so other people can never enter it. Would it stay like this permanently, or 'by it being a BDP', it will magically reverse in time or something?))

1) It wouldn't be.
2) Static dungeons vary, some of them like the spatial one would be similar, while others wouldn't. Really, they exist there to fulfill a gameplay purpose (IE, having dungeons of certain level ranges always available), so I wouldn't read into them very much.
3) There's only one entrance to a BDP and I don't think you'd be able to barricade it very well. Even if you did, since they are temporary, I don't think it'd do much good.