Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: December (2017)
This is a new topic for Lore Questions because the old one was about 26 pages. (No, I will never stop copying this part.) The format is roughly the same, but some guidelines;

1) Try and format your questions appropriately. As in, make it easy to read and answer.
2) Try and limit the number of questions you ask per thread. I don't mind answering them, but don't get crazy and ask me 20 things, especially if they require detailed answers.
3) Try to avoid asking extremely specific questions, such as 'Did anyone ever die of food poisoning in Cellsvich?'. Answering these is difficult, because not everything is set in stone, so giving a definitive answer on it not only restricts me in the future, but it might influence other players' character concepts that involve it.

That said, if you have any questions, you can post them in this thread! I will post answers at the end of the month/start of the next one.

Thanks! (And yes, if you had questions from the previous topic that I didn't answer before I closed it, you can post them here, but remember the formatting guideline.)
"Neus" Wrote:Q: Is there any difference between feeding on a vampire and on a mortal?

A: Not really, though drinking the blood of another vampire is extremely taboo to them. The only exception would be a vampire offering their blood to a starving vampire who could die without it, and even then, it's considered very strange but necessary, and some vampires will just refuse it outright for that reason, even if it results in the other vampire dying.

Q: Does feeding on people of any race/ability have different effects, other than the obvious "Glykin = much pain, very wow"?
For example, would feeding on an extremely powerful mage/redtail/elf be any different than on a simple goblin.

A: A mage would probably have more focus in their blood, making it more 'nutritious', but otherwise no.

Q: If they don´t drain essence, what exactly happens then since I don´t believe that they can create infinite essence like that. Whats the reason why it´s taboo for them when it has no downsides? If it has downsides, what are those?(Besides that its cannabalism)

A: The blood of a vampire doesn't contain focus, which is why they have to get it from other places, namely the blood of others.
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...ire#p18433

"Neus" Wrote:Q: Can you clarify a bit more on what vampires are ICly capable of feeding upon? E.g. is it limited only to living beings with relatively 'normal' blood to include animals and many animal-like monsters, or restricted exclusively to sentient/humanoid races with 'normal' blood? If the latter, are goblins included?

A: Anything with hemoglobin in its blood (see: red). Goblins have green 'blood' so they don't really apply. Again, don't take Banquet's mechanical function as a 1 for 1, since the way it works is mostly for PvE convenience.
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...een#p22624

"Neus" Wrote:Q: So this is a question regarding vampires and the upcoming soul eater class. Since vampires actually feed off essence rather than the blood its self, could a vampire soul eater instead feed off the essence of souls instead of blood?

A: Only with a special ritual.
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...p;start=10

Can this please be clarified?

Edit: Added in one more.
[Image: unknown.png]
The Church has always led people to believe that the over-dependence and use of Mercana promotes chaos and complacency. They've explained why, and done so well. However, it raises one (maybe more) question(s), which are hopefully answered in scripture, maybe?:

If Mercala potentially knew that her boon would potentially cause strife, why would she implement it? Perhaps she didn't mean to, and it was an accident during Heaven's Contention (perhaps when she healed a certain someone)? I have a feeling Mercala would explain this to her followers in some way, because this is a very easy rebuttal to the presence of Mercana, and thus making it seem much more detrimental than it is.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Medical questions!

1. Does healing a wound with Mercalan magic cleanse it of infections and the likes?

2. How advanced is medical technology in a general sense?

3. Do pills exist? Or is it just potions, herbs, liquid medicines, etc.

(Edit) Bonus question

4. What would happen if one were to have nullstone impaled or lodged in them? I'm imagining something like the 'Origin Bullet' from Fate/Zero.
[Image: TvQhtZb.gif]
Re-wording questions:

1. Are mechana forest capable of expanding, and growing more tree of it kind?

2. Had there been any attempts that we know of where people tried to plant their own trees outside of Mechana Forest.
-->2a. If so, what happened to these said people?
-->2b. Is there any law against illegal planting of said tree?

edit

3. In 2014. Doraids can converts Sunlight into focus as long as they're exposed to the sun. Is this information still held true today?

edit v2

4. Can you give me average population per continents, except Mersales? [People, ofc!]

5. Had the ASAGO company been working on improving their LaPlaceNet request technology recently?

6. What EXACTLY, is a requirement to become a Church knight?

7. Red-tails. Their tail, and ears come in multiple colours, or just red?

8. Were there any attempts to see if they could communicate with the Spatial Core, or People never cared?

Edit v3 - Phobos Edition

9. From last thread. You needed me to clarify. Phobos, the Shaitan general of Chaturanga, believed there was a greater threat to the Great Six continents. Which he decided that the elves are the Enemies. After throwing the state of turmoil. What else did Phobos do during this phrase?

10. As of status of Phobos. Is he alive, or deceased?

Edit V4 - Reapers

11. Now that we know Emna is considered a myth to the Reapers. How do Reapers feel about the God of Anti-life, Huggesson? Is he considered a myth, or an enemy to their cause considering he prefers undeath solution.
[Image: XDo90hy.png]
Recently Sadie mentioned a card game from Karaten where the face sides of the cards have illustrations of monsters on the front, is this a card game akin to real life card games such as Yugioh or Pokemon? (another example would be like Triple Triad in Final Fantasy) Would the monster cards be stuff like Jammers/Spatials etc.? And would this eventually be a game feature at some point?
I couldn't find it via search so I ask again here:

1.) Whats the world/planet that the great six are on as it's whole called? Is it really Sigrogana aswell? If so are there alternative names some cultures use?

Reminds a me alot on the Vegeta meme. "Me, My son or the planet?"- "Yes"

2.)Illusions. We know that they can actually trick people into sustaining true injuries in certain conditions. So sentient beings can be physically harmed in a sense. How much does it effect non-sentient things? If people are made to believe that a house burns to ashes, will it burn to ashes or be entirely unaffacted? Or does this simply depend on the skill of the Illusionist and his abbility to "Bend reality"?

3.) Illusions in medical sense. In the manga/anime Katekyoo hitman Reborn, there was an illusionist who basically tricked a girl that had malfunctioning or even absolutely missing organs to work, which allowed her to keep on living cause "Illusions are real aslong as you believe them" in their lore. Is something similar possible here?

4.) Does fighting at the arena for money count as gambling, Aka would it be considered illegal by the Law?

5.) The currency Murai is basically just a value for stuff like Gems, coins, gold and all that. So I assume the market is globalized so there are no other real currency used in different countries, right? Like oniga having their own currency?
I am asking because someone mentioned some exchange rates ICly and it made no real sense to me in a globalized market like murai.
1- Are things like 'Board Game Online', 'Yu-Gi-Oh' or 'Cards Against Humanity' IC games?

2- What would be their Sigrogana Legends 2 names, if so?

3- If not, could they be IC but only if we didn't directly relate them to the OOC game, such as explaining "We're playing a board game" ICly, but OOCly "We're playing BGO"?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Is it possible for any kind of foliage (grass, trees, etc) to grow outside of Oniga in Gold? (Anywhere beyond the green patch)

Would doriads or rangers be able to force that kind of growth?

If so, what's stopping someone from just fixing the whole place and stopping it from being a desert?

If not, would those kinds of abilities (from doriads or rangers) simply not work, or work kind of and then immediately fade away in terms of plant life?
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Medical questions regarding surgeries.

1) My character has come up with an RP for a solution of someone that is missing some tongue mass. He decided that an artificial reconstruction would be possible using eel nerves, a canvas mold to get the schematic of another individual with the tongue intact, Jammer tissue to mold the tongue. Is my RP out of context? I also decided to involve Mercalan magicians to control the bleeding with graft and anesthesia would be herbs that induce numbing effects.

2) At the moment minor surgeries are available, can my character be the pioneer of some method of major surgery?

3) When will we be able to do surgery and not rely so much on Mercala and magical healing? My character feels that magic is anathema in the field of medicine