Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spo's trait suggestions.
Shujin post_id=34669 time=1546621722 user_id=135 Wrote:While I like element affinity... Did you consider everyones favorite weapon switch item? Red letter? Free heal of your own cinder tiles in the hundreds for just running over them.

Elemental Affinity - Requires 15 WIL

You gain a slight elemental ATK bonus (15) when standing on a tile you own, the tile you are standing on decides the elemental attack you gain, however you trigger your own tile effects from now on, this trait will negate any absorb effects you have. (standing in your own cinders makes you take cinder damage for example.)
My bad.

Actually... Wouldn't salamander sword be buff-able with this then?
I don't think you'd be able to raise salamander sword's buff with self damage. But, even if you could, you'd be killing yourself pretty fast unless you just built for fire res out the ass.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
You'd be killing yourself really fast as Grandpa brought up, not like you can't do it currently with stuff like Burn Up/Reactive Armor and Burning Bracers either.
Elemental Affinity sounds like a little too much for too little drawback. +15 Elemental ATK is very good, and being affected by your own tile is only really a substantial issue for.... what, Poison Pools and maybe Vines? Not like anyone would want to Absorb either, especially since VA can get an easy +60 to their Fire ATK this way. It'd be a little more balanced if the Trait was something like:

'Gain +5 Elemental ATK when you're standing on a special tile. (The element affected depends on what kind of special tile you're standing on) If you're standing on a special tile caused by an enemy, the bonus is tripled, but all effects the tile would have on you are doubled, and any damage taken ignores Resistances, Immunity and Absorb.'

I'm also a little weary about Shield Hero, considering you get an easy 3~4m Stun inflictor. It sounds incredibly juicy for any sort of tank that runs an MA Promotion class, considering that the entire MA tree runs perfectly fine with Bare Fists, and Shield Slam will line up perfectly with its 100% STR scaling.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I feel like standing in an enemy's charge minded sear cinder tiles for some extra elemental attack might be suicidal and only useful otherwise. I really don't feel like 15 elemental attack is enough to be too substantial to worry about.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Some more traits to throw into the blender for consideration some day, thank you for reading.
====================
Chef's touch - Requires at least Lv5 Cooking

A connoisseur of the culinary arts, you've decided to add your own touch to your meals, after finishing cooking a meal you can add a spice of any sort (Spices, Salt, Cinnamon etc.) to the meal, causing it to gain an additional 5% to HP and FP Regen, as well as display the name of the chef in the food's description.
====================
Artisian's Gleam - Requires at least Lv5 Metalworking/Woodworking/Tailoring
Any weapon or armor piece you craft will assuredly have at least one positive quality attached to it, furthermore any weapon or armor piece you craft will have the crafter's name displayed in the crafted item's description.
====================
Synthetic Skin - Requires Mechanation type Race

You are outfitted with a special type of skin that can be a little bit less conductive but just a little bit more susceptable to flamability or cold, Gain 10% Lightning resistance but lose 5% Fire and Ice resistance, this also causes you to count as a race with skin for the purposes of skills/traits.
====================
Maneuver: Quick Sheath

Gain a skill in combat (costs 3m) which allows you to sheath a sub-weapon or shield, which can incur certain other effects. (Such as Two-hand, or allowing you to use bare fists instead.)

Using the skill while your weapon is sheathed will cause you to pull it back out.

(There is a skill that functions similar to this that is only applicable to enemies, cripple arm behaves the way I intend this to.)
=====================
Maneuver: Dual Attack

You gain a skill in combat which requires two melee weapons to use (Costs 4m, has a 3 round cooldown.), you perform a basic attack on a target in 1 range using your main hand weapon, and adds your off hand weapon's power*1.5 as bonus damage, you'll also apply your off hand weapon's on-hits if applicable, if you are using two of the same weapon type the momentum cost of the skill is reduced by 1.