Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The mages are too talkative
@Smiles

We're not exactly trying to nerf mage into the ground. We're trying to balance the game a bit. Ghost was a hot take but it's balanced now. Auto hit made building evasive build not that worth it due to the fact they HAD high scaling and people SWA stack and hunt stacking. Proven by a lot of people with screenshots provided by Fern. Steps need to be taken sometimes though it gives off the impression you use mage class a lot.

We're targetting the silence nerfs, and trying to get back SOME counterplay options. The Invocation nerfs, while it seems major on paper, it's not that serious. Evoker and Hexer have HSDW, Preist has that passive (Which no one uses due to the talent that makes it guarantee) that reduce the damage needed to break Invocations. The talent even has an option to improve armor and magic armor during it to ensure people can take hits better and not break it.

All the nerfs and mentions above are doing is making sure you don't want to literally stand in front of the enemy, in their attack range, and randomly do your invocations without much risk from it as well as the powerful effects some of them have to offer. And probably delete that poor enemy soul next round.

PREACH SPO PREACH
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Hexer doesn't have HSDW unless someone is running destiny mage (which I personally think is an insane build that I'd never venture to try). If Hexer had some kind of protection for their invocations, then maybe? But as it stands, I'd rather not. Invocations are already a huge target on a person's head as-is. In most cases that aren't, say, Overload, you could do just as much damage assuredly with 3 attacks than with a risky invocation.

And, again, why nerf invocations as a whole when of a majority of the problem spells are in a class that can cast them in a single turn anyway?
[Image: unknown.png]
I neither agree nor disagree that mages as a whole are overtuned in the wake of autohit nerfs, but counterplay to magic damage should not rely solely on a status effect that disables an opponent's ability to play the game.

If it turns out that mage numbers are too high compared to the other archetypes in the game, the solution should address fundamental things like numbers, resists, cooldowns, invocation specifics, FP, etc -- not widespread distribution of Silence.
Well, yeah Kam. I suppose bringing back silence would just be the lazier fix of the bigger problem. Like I said on the other post. Magic is swole 'because' of Silence. And now that Silence's just a plain rarity that needs to go through a status infliction most of the time... Here we go. We uncaged the beast we jailed for so long.

But the big question is: "Where do we start?" There's a lot to be addressed in those regards. We can't just be firing blanks at whatever seems 'most op at the time'.

I wish Dev would ask us again for a "Hey guys, give me your most cancerous mage builds." like he did to tank builds a long ago. That'd be a good start.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]