Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: History Tab
I'm fine with them 'doing what they want'.

That is until they literally tell people to go kill themself or tell them to ALT+F4 to 'unlock' the history tab.

It's trolling/being a general shitter, and really needs to stop because that gives people and newcomers (wherever they may be) a really bad vibe about SL2.
Quote: Taking it out doesn't make metagamers less metagamey, lol. At the end of the day, if you're a metagamer, you're still going to find a way to metagame in some way.

"Why is murder illegal? Murderers will murder anyway!"

"Why would you ban assault rifles? Criminals will get them anyway!"

Etc etc

Everything else is mostly reasonable, but I don't think that the new tabs have much of an utility. I certainly despise the equipment tab the most and if that disappeared (or became optional) I'd be content, but until then?

#fuckthehistorytab #feminism #cleganbowl
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"Egil" Wrote:
Quote: Taking it out doesn't make metagamers less metagamey, lol. At the end of the day, if you're a metagamer, you're still going to find a way to metagame in some way.

"Why is murder illegal? Murderers will murder anyway!"

"Why would you ban assault rifles? Criminals will get them anyway!"

Etc etc

Everything else is mostly reasonable, but I don't think that the new tabs have much of an utility. I certainly despise the equipment tab the most and if that disappeared (or became optional) I'd be content, but until then?

#fuckthehistorytab #feminism #cleganbowl
It's more along the lines of banning guns rather than "legalizing murder". Because some people can find use out of the history tab. As proven by the reasons I listed. I'd be for removing if someone could give me more reasons why besides,"Metagamers will use it to metagame! It encourages metagame!", it's like saying,"Having a Gun in the house encourages murder!" But with the reasons listed, it's just become:"It doesn't matter if it stays or it goes.", which really in the end is how I feel, but I feel sorry for the few that actually find use out of it.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog...ssociation

https://injury.research.chop.edu/violenc...-facts-and

Having a gun in the house statistically increases your risk of being murdered by your spouse, being murdered by your kids, being murdered by yourself, being raped, etc.

To many, these risks outweigh the benefits of allowing lax gun regulations to exist. In the same way, the risks that come with these new tabs (metagame with history and equipment, generally lack of utility, cheating in PvP, shitlording, etc) outweigh the benefits of these new tabs to me.

#fuckthehistorytab #feminism #cleganbowl #allmenmustdie

This is getting hilariously off-topic, and while I would like to watch this turn into a debate of Freedom versus security, this is really about the history tab.

If you like it, use it. If you don't like it, don't use it. If you like it and someone misuses it, chew them out or get a GM.

This isn't mandatory like the equipment tab is, chill.
I apologize to Egil and Rockabye for the snarky comment earlier in the discussion but I feel this is starting to get fairly off-topic.

Although it may just be me who thinks this but can we please get back to the subject at hand if we're going to continue this discussion?

Edit: Blue kind of beat me to the punch. Q_Q
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
You know what else isn't mandatory? Guns.

And yet they still arouse passionate debate!

There is nothing to be said about the history tab that hasn't already been said! Let us praise the sun until the sun wipes out all of these nefarious, sinful tabs!

Can I get an amen?

[Image: r341_0_4490_2560_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg]

#fuckthehistorytab

I'm personally okay with the History tab, because I know if someone metagames I can always press my special GM button and get them banned.

Because I'm smart.

But anyway, this really isn't much of an issue. Definitely, people shouldn't be offensive about the tab, and I don't see Dev removing it any time soon, for any reason. He knows the repercussions, and is aware that GMs will handle any complaints.

Can we get this thread locked, by the way? It's become rather immature, as well as heavily insensitive in spite of the recent massacres due to guns and people allowed to use guns -- and I don't see the need for further discussion.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
This isn't 4chan. You can discuss differing opinions like reasonable adults. You don't need to attach hilarious reaction images or drakeposts or hashtags or personally attack someone just because they disagree with you.

I'd hope you can, anyway.