Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic, The Suffering
"Snake" Wrote:
"Tin Foil" Wrote:M.TYPE - STANDARD Arena Combatant takes 261 Fire magical damage.
Brightly-armored Hyattr's turn.
M.TYPE - STANDARD Arena Combatant recovered 3 FP.
Brightly-armored Hyattr's turn.
--- ROUND 2 ---
Brightly-armored Hyattr recovered 3 HP.
Brightly-armored Hyattr recovered 7 HP.
Brightly-armored Hyattr recovered 3 FP.
M.TYPE - STANDARD Arena Combatant takes 208 Fire physical damage.
M.TYPE - STANDARD Arena Combatant takes 108 Fire magical damage.
Status Infliction: 143.2 VS Status Resistance: 48.7
M.TYPE - STANDARD Arena Combatant was inflicted with Burn!
I believe Searxplosion combo is too strong, true. I'll give you that. Jesus christ. No 'basic' spells should do as much damage as a damn evocation IMO.

"Akame" Wrote:Comparing auto-hit magic to hit-checking/crit-checking damage isn't really a good argument (Note, sometimes people have to use hit-buffs and crit-buffs to attempt to get damage like that @Spoops).

No spell should have the ability to one-hit someone unless they obviously have low RES.. Really not looking forward to the return of 3-4 rounds spars against magic if something doesn't change, honestly..

As for D-Rank evocations? If you silence a mage while they're casting, GG WP they have to break the invocation to try again after curing their ultimate counter. If not? good game, mister thunder-rod, enjoy the instakill. It was always like this before Screamer nation attacked.

What pisses me off is just that Screamer costs 1M and cures silence even if they're Etacof'd, so even if you silence a HSDW'd mage, they use screamer, then double-tap the evocation as you're now in point blank (if VA with cutthroat) or in range (if you used Absolute Fear or Black Bubble) and PSSHHUUUH--- 999 lightning godlike damage!! on you anyway.

We could get Screamer to become 2M, and a tone down on the HP damage to 5% main hand/10%

What I think in the end about the absurd damage of mages for now? This is completely fine and nothing but one thing needs to be changed here. Just nerf this screamer nonsense, I mean, really? 10-20% physical HP damage is not even the slightest hurtful compared for what they can dish out next turn, or even in the same turn because this costs 1M and we're good to go.

2M Screamer sounds good, yup.
Also, as Sarah said, stone dragon > air pressure > stuns needs to be addressed, too.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Stone dragon -> Air Pressure stuns require 6m and are subject to the whims of where Air Pressure pushes the rocks.

Unless this doesnt apply Stun Immunity, there is no real issue here.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Chaos, Chaos look at this for a moment and tell me there's no problem, when has stun never been a problem in the past? Why do you think Arbalest is still the strongest class in the game? Why do you think we had to complain about light tomahawk across like 3 different threads to get it nerfed? Skullcaver is the 2nd strongest axe there is, if not the strongest if you get lucky.

Stun itself is an inherently broken status effect, and should only be conditional, it is definitely way too easy to pull off Stone Dragon's stones in such a way to stun someone, I'm sorry to say.

-1, change stun or change stone dragon.
6M momentum stun every other turn is a problem. Thinking otherwise is.. quite delusional, no offense. IMO, status effect stun should be making the opponent unable to use movement, use movement skills, basic attack or use any offensive skills. Nothing else. What it is now is makes stone dragon > air pressure a large problem that must be addressed.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
eh its not the worst, I've had fun as a spell thief stunning them before they got the stun off
"Chaos" Wrote:Stone dragon -> Air Pressure stuns require 6m and are subject to the whims of where Air Pressure pushes the rocks.

Unless this doesnt apply Stun Immunity, there is no real issue here.
You can control where the rocks go with Air Pressure by aiming it appropriately.

"Lolzytripd" Wrote:eh its not the worst, I've had fun as a spell thief stunning them before they got the stun off
That's only if they use just stone dragon for some reason, and no reasonable person will set themselves up for a stun.
I think the stun salt should be addressed in another thread, I think this one is just about the high damages and lack of basic counterplay to an easy class that became easier.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'm actually okay with sear tiles, if you let someone drop a charg mind sear, you dun goofed.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:I'm actually okay with sear tiles, if you let someone drop a charg mind sear, you dun goofed.

Or you spawned a moderate distance away from them at the start of the fight. (See: Most of the time)
Just pop a ghost walker potion . It makes you immune to tile effects