Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modernizing Enma's
I don't know if I'd call my ideas 'solid', no one really had much to say about them except you and they didn't seem to satisfy you.

Enma's isn't really a spell made with PvP in mind, so I don't think it will be receiving the 'removed from battle' change.
"Neus" Wrote:I don't know if I'd call my ideas 'solid', no one really had much to say about them except you and they didn't seem to satisfy you.

Enma's isn't really a spell made with PvP in mind, so I don't think it will be receiving the 'removed from battle' change.

If you're not satisfied with any current revamps, can we see a damage increase for the time being so the spell can even function in PvE? 100 static damage is less than just about everything after GR.
I can get behind that, it will still be an execute in the end. But let's not forget a few things too, eh? Look:

- Can it ignore Dark Elemental Resistance along the way? There are enemies called LEGUMES, who are the bane of my Hexing existence.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Another idea would be increasing the HP range someone can be affected by the number of curses they have active, like +50 HP per.
"Neus" Wrote:The issue I have with maximum HP percentages is boss enemies. That 25% HP could be quite a lot for them. That said, they could be made immune.

Don't really like the idea of a percentage based execute

Could you expand on this a little more? It seems far less situational to adjust the static value to a percent, than to deal with the wide swing of flat numbers (See: Ether Invitation). Requiring a boatload of curses to achieve decent invocation numbers feels clunky in my mind, but I'm not sure if this spell is necessarily sticking with the identity of a map-wide execute. With that in mind, an idea that builds on a previous one in this thread -- without introducing removed from battle mechanics -- would be the following:

Quote:Enma's Summons

Curses all enemy targets for (Rank) Rounds, reducing their HP to 0 if their current HP value drops below (Rank*4%) of its Maximum value. Additionally, enemies who fall to 0 HP in this manner have a chance to be inflicted with Interference for 3 Rounds. (Status infliction check) Bosses are immune to this effect.
I'd say curses and hexes, curses don't have long enough durations to last through a full invocation.
Percentages are not good for a skill like this because 25% of one enemy might be, in reality, a large total, and it makes the skill weaker at lower levels as well. The only way that would ever be okay is if it only affected NPCs and didn't affect bosses.
What if it was given a SWA + Dark Elemental ATK scaling up front, and did %extra damage based on missing health? That would keep bosses from outright dying, and since lowering 1,000 hp people is harder than 500, it wouldn't have sweeping differences in efficiency.

In this case, the health threshold requirement would be removed.

(To note, I don't mean dealing a portion of the target's missing health like the Soldier skill Execute, but rather the damage of the spell itself is multiplied based on missing HP)
Possible though I'd like to know the multiplier would be.
Well, it can be a low multiplier and decent base damage, or high multiplier and low base damage. I'm inclined to push for the latter, to keep its thematic significance.

Something along the lines of 2% extra damage per 1% health missing. (0-200% extra damage, from full to 0 HP respectively).