Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ocean man, take me by the sword
I'm reconsidering my idea of water absorb accessory just by thinking about the Youkai's potential damage.

Maybe a 10* item tied to Black Beasts, since they have none...

Noir Fang Necklace:
- Grants absorb to Water Damage.
- Increases the duration of Fear you inflict by UL/2.
- Also grants UL% Earth Resist, and (100 - UL)% Fire Weakness.

But if people wanna insist, the 'pls reduce to 30%' is still there.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This thread is about adjusting River Sword.

Personally if straight up nerfing it isn't an option, I'd like Shujin's idea.

Require it to slowly stack up the water weakness (with a ceiling equal to its power or just like, 30-35%.), and reduce the duration down from 4 to 2.

Otherwise I still think it'd be simplest to just dock it down to 25 or 30%. Making it either almost unseen on players or trivial to block by a player.

As stated people can just slap the River Sword on and bonk people themselves without the need for a teammate dedicated to it, then proceed to tear the unfortunate victim a new watery asshole. The whole issue with River Sword is the fact it so easily slaps a heavy enough weakness on people to proc Weak! messages. Making it far more difficult to achieve that high a weakness or just making it no longer possible is the goal here.
bonder and fast offense and youkai in general being stupidly strong is something for a different thread and already a big issue, not to be used as argument

im up for the 30%-35% ceiling with 2 duration, only if it gets renewed after each smack, however.
As someone who sees the scary difference just a 30% damage increase does (Hi, Seiryuu) I agree with 35% and keeping it to 2 rounds maybe 3.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I think 30% is fine personally

Or it stacking with each hit as Shujin pointed out.
35% is hardly a nerf that'd fix anything. I'd say 30% at the most.

That way a single coral item, or simply enough SAN would fix it.

I just don't think 5% would be enough to impact it at all, which defeats the point of nerfing it.

As repeated numerous times, the issue isn't the damage so much as the Weak! procs possible with how much it destroys someone's water resist, which in turn churns out ludicrous damage with the 3rd-4th action (splash) allowed. 30% would make it far more easy for someone to prevent this without having any outstanding water weakness beforehand.

Optimally, though, it should get cut down to 25%, but if the Weak! proc gimmick must live, 30%, or Shujin's suggestion of stacking the weakness level up over time would be more appropriate than leaving it at 35% for one bonk of the death noodle.
"Sarinpa1" Wrote:im up for the 30%-35% ceiling with 2 duration, only if it gets renewed after each smack, however.

I don't see a good reason someone should be able to inflict a free weakness message for a three momentum investment. Kel, Splash, and Rebia are available to Spellthieves, even if we completely push Youkai aside under the pretense of 'but they're op that's not river sword's fault'.

I want to once again put this into perspective: if someone casts two water spells for 200 damage a piece, they've done 400. If someone casts three with a 40% weakness, they've done 840. If you add in the free splash it's even more damage. You get over twice the damage you should have, just for bopping someone once. Absolute death doesn't do this, Hunter Wind doesn't do this, even Holy doesn't do this, and when taking damage amplification into account you cannot in any fathomable situation ignore the bonus to the action economy.

I don't agree with any change to this weapon that doesn't either lower the percentage below weakness, or require more momentum (see: multiple attacks building the status) to be invested to achieve the weakness message. This element scales on a defensive stat, what else is there to even consider?
Wwwwhat are we even going for again? River Sword being like Cursed Wounds but without a duration refresh?

On-Hit: Inflicts or powers up Water Weakness by 10% for 4 rounds. (Water Weakness caps at 30%. Duration is not refreshed.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
i wonder if im missing something or if kams numbers are overexaggerated
it is a strong effect with low investment, which is why i believe the repetitive hitting being necesary as a build up for strong attack would be the good way to go. Since you'll be doing subpar damage for a later burst of power with the necesity to actualy HIT people, you'll be tied to actualy keeping up an offense. No time to heal, buff, etcetera, else you're missing out on the option to deal the damage.
either way, getting rid of the possibility to have a weak message trigger would absolutely decimate this already subpar sword. you'd really be better off using excel weaponry and it'd not be such a terrible FP muncher. (along with the class freedom)
if that is the point of this thread, to remove the weak message, then the sword should recieve a different ability altogether.

to put some perspective into the numbers game, I've 83 water ATK, using a 20pow casting tool, str's in 50s, hit's showing as 249% in the stat screen

i cannot hit dedicated dodgers under any circumstances, and thats with eastern wind active
if i hit someone that's not a dodger, its 30-60 damage on crit, and with the water weakness, i do around a 100-140 per attack
i am not claiming i've the most optimal build for this, but the numbers are barely enough to outdamage people, and it's a stat sink to get this working.
Normally, a person would only be able to cast a spell twice. (6m, or 7m if doublecast).

If you get refunded 1m per cast. You can now do 7m (any water spell) > 5m (any water spell) > 3m (Splash) > 3m (Anything that costs 3m).

This now, effectively, lets you cast 4 spells, instead of 2 (or 3 with splash). Not only that, but all have their damage increased by 40% (which is technically more, but still)