Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An invitation to the half-terlife
you cant one shot anyone in the post GR, people take enough vit and san to get 800-1000hp

I saw a lich with over 900 hp, what the fuck.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:you cant one shot anyone in the post GR, people take enough vit and san to get 800-1000hp

I saw a lich with over 900 hp, what the fuck.

Yes, being a tank is heavily incentivized. This change will only cement that further. I don't think that's a good thing at all.
Doubling the cap only will bring in the HP Walls and make them even stronger, I agree.
Well, that's what we're going with for now. You are welcome to test it and see what difference it makes when the change goes live. It can always be adjusted further at a later time.
Caaaan we at least make it so that it doesn't benefit from modifers such as absolute death, anaylze weakness and the such?
I still think it should be ''the lower HP%, the higher damage'', in this math. For example:

One guy with 900 max HP is at 50% HP, so 250 damage.
Another guy with 200 max HP is at 50% HP, so 250 damage.

I don't know if I've been clear, but that'd solve the HP problem in my opinion, so you need to be actually hurt to damage. Like madchop.

But anyway, let's see what happens now, will it bring EI back to it's role, or will it just stay laughable, find out on the next episode of SigroBall Z.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This has been thoroughly tested and picked up by half the server, either in combination with or in lieu of Boxer. It's blatantly overpowered, and promotes wall of tank stat gameplay we already had prior to this change. Seeing as I have no competent overhaul ideas to propose at this time, I'll simply suggest we meet old and new half way, and change the scaling to 75 damage per rank. (75/150/225/300/375)
Kam the 500 (600 if rank6) damage does get reduced a fair bit by phys def. Against a tanky character I've seen it reduced down to 200
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Kam the 500 (600 if rank6) damage does get reduced a fair bit by phys def. Against a tanky character I've seen it reduced down to 200

"Kameron8" Wrote:and promotes wall of tank stat gameplay we already had prior to this change.

EI scales with health and has a brief cooldown because of the Unmarkable status. This is a tank optimized skill through and through, and just because other dedicated tanks can survive it doesn't mean it's somehow balanced. You can say you've seen it reduced to manageable numbers by 1,000 health tanks, I can say I've seen someone with a little over 500 health die in one hit to it.

This skill needs to be reworked in a way that it still functions in post-Great Reckoning tank land, but not at the expense of anyone who decided not to slam Vitality and Defense. Yes, this skill can be dodged. But no class can reliably dodge outside of Spellthief. Given Ether Invitation also works with Arcanic Potions, the list of ways to fight against this attack is short at best.
At best, it should work like Mad Chop, tripling the damage of a normal basic hit when low on HP, while using HP% as the multiplier. (75% HP - 1x, 50% HP - 2x, 25% HP - 3x) That way it won't matter if you have 1500 HP or 200 HP, and it will be a bit more fair to the squishy people.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]