Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic, The Suffering
Not everyone has those you know. Not everyone can make potions or afford them.

And is it really practical to pop a ghost potion when in a spar? Sure maybe in a serious fight, but a spar seems odd.
Adding on to what Sarah said:

Dependency on an in-game item isn't a solution to balance a mechanic nine-out-of-nine times (barring that one-out-of-one time where it is a solution).

This would be one of those cases where the item doesn't excuse it needing to be adjusted.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
a potion that makes you immune to tile damage, a enchantment that makes cinders deal half damage, a sword that negates tile damage, teleporting negates tile damage, Shoes that make you immune to knockback (where most of cinder damage comes from).

also if you know your opponent will be employing copious amounts of fire damage, just use a red letter, laugh meniacly
A) Potions take slots/are expensive
B) Enchantment for boot slots, there are better things.
C) Kirosh or whatever is entirely dark damage, and you can build around fucking it over with dark retaliation, or being a fucking vampire.
D) Knockbacks/pulls don't give a shit about teleport.
E) Pulls don't give a shit about immune to knockback (Neither does blowback cannon).
F) Red letter? Did you mean "I have a nihilist" or "I'm now 75% weak to ice and that'll fuck me up too?"
Just removing Nihilist from the game will """"balance"""" a lot of things, don't you think?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:Just removing Nihilist from the game will """"balance"""" a lot of things, don't you think?

Although I'm inclined to agree with you, we should probably hop back on subject.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I think Sear's cinder tiles being changed to a percentage of your Fire ATK is a better solution. The old tiles only dealt damage if you stood on them (as far as I remember) and so the higher damage could be justified, but cinders are another story, since that adds a lot to the damage of the spell indirectly because you have to move off of them. Something like 50% Fire ATK and 100% Fire ATK for CM'd might be more manageable.
I'd say that's a good route, since it keeps Sear useful without being too much.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
"Snake" Wrote:Just removing Nihilist from the game will """"balance"""" a lot of things, don't you think?

Cue [Name removed to protect myself from backlash] turning every single thread into being butthurt about absorbs again. 'Oh, this is cool, why don't we give it more effects, like X, elemental absorb nullify, Y, etc" and "We should have new BDPs without absorbs" and the like. Honestly, I'd say keep the nihilist purely to stop this from happening again; I can't be the only one who was completely infuriated with that spree.

As well, my solution to sear cinders: base it off the base damage and not charge mind. There's zero reason to multiply them by 2.5.
*loud burp*
I agree with Dev.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]