Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ether Winvitation
Maybe, but no real consensus on a good change was reached, so there's no point in bumping.
Can we agree that 75 per rank instead of 100 per rank is a good option until a consensus is reached?
Amen to that, I agree.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
If the issue isn't how much damage EI can do, but that tanks use it best due to being able to do roughly max damage at half health, change it to percentage based.

100% damage = 500 damage before modifiers.
1% missing health = 5 damage.
rank 1 4m 2+% missing damage
rank 2 4+% missing damage
rank 3 6+% missing damage
rank 4 3m 8+% missing damage
rank 5 10+% missing damage
rank 6 12+% missing damage.

At best you would need to be at 12% health remaining to do the full 500 damage before modifiers.
I agree with this
I agree with Spoops. Lets lower it for now so it won't one shot everything.
[Image: tenor.gif]
So, after a bit of thought, I came up with something.

Ether Invitation would be changed to an Autohit attack rather than a basic attack. That would remove its ability to crit, but alongside this, the following changes could be made:

*EI no longer deals damage, it lowers the opponent's current HP (Similar to Painproof) and inflicts Cursed Wounds (after the HP reduction) equal to this for two rounds (equal to the Unmarkable duration). The fact that the skill no longer deals damage means that damage boosts such as Hunted, Fallcall, Weakness, Analyze, Holy, and anything else would no longer be effective. This would stop people from taking more than double their total HP from one hit while the skill's purpose as a finisher.

*EI's health reduction is lowered to 80*Rank -and- is also capped by the user's current HP. As in, the skill cannot decrease the opponent below your current HP. If you're a 1000 HP tank and have 400 HP left, and your opponent has 600 HP left, they will be brought down to 400 HP and lose 200 HP from their maximum as Cursed Wounds. Now the skill has some decision-making attached; do you EI early to get your Claret Call back in time for Last Chance or another EI, or do you risk waiting until your HP is low, accidentally triggering Last Chance and losing the possibility (Or potentially bringing them low enough to finish with your next attack?)

*EI's momentum cost is increased to 4M. Removes the possibility of EI into two criticals due to Fleur, because let's not leave a workaround for removing the one-shot skill. You'll still have a turn while the opponent is Unmarked to triple-hit and finish them, but they now have time to counterplay. Unless their HP was so low to begin with that EI was used properly; as a tool to turn a close fight.

Thoughts?
I'd rather make everything simple for now, because the skill needs a nerf ASAP.

We can't waste time thinking about 'cool alternatives', maybe in the future when 'someone' is less tanked and overtasked with things to do. But today? It really needs to have its damage down.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Snake reflects my thoughts here, discussion about theming the skill can happen at another time, right now it needs to be balanced upon with a slight nerfbat to its current damage, because it threatens serious RPs and associated fights.
<t>lowering it to 75 per rank doesn/\'t fix it, it only becomes 125/150 points weaker, and leaves it still spammable by the problem users.<br/>
<br/>
My change makes it so that EI is best used by those with the lowest HP</t>