Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chained Dullahans
Soul Chains is not acting as "Interference" does to a Dullahan. It can perma-stunlock a Dullahan forever. I'd suggest it work at half efficiency on a Dullahan, or at 1/4th efficiency because of the set-up required.
I'd prefer we didn't make tank-Mayelia Dullahans even more invincible. This is working as intended given that Soul Chains is not an Interference effect, so probably more appropriate for balance fu assuming Dev didn't want to gimp all FP regen negation effects against Dullahans. However, since Soul Chains does not effect healing, perma-stunlocking a Dullahan with Mayelia (which almost all of them run now) results in a draw almost every time.
Uh. If you're using Soul Chains on a Dullahan in 1v1, and they have Mayelia. You're going to win.

Why?

Because Soul Chains increases JUDGEMENT BOLADE's damage by 1.5x before RES. If the 15% HP they regain every turn can somehow beat out your damage.. something is immensely wrong, because I am fairly certain I could lock a Dully down with that. (And if they did Soul Rage recently gg no re))
I'm going to say no, soul chains is one class skill instead of an entire status effect, and Dullahans are souls tied to armor, doesn't it make more sense that a skill for tying someone's SOUL would heavily effect someone who is just a soul bound to armor?
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Look i only suggested it because someone got salty that I stun locked them forever in a fight.
Same opinion as Spoops.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Moved to Balance Fu.

Dullahans got semi-protection from Interference because it was capable of locking them down for an eternity.
Soul Chains has the same capability, and I really don't see how a single body equipment somehow makes it okay to doom an entire race to either do nothing or be unable to do jack (especially against Dullahans who don't use said body equipment).

Give Dullahans some semi-protection from Soul Chains. Mayelia can be dealt with in a separate topic.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
maybe just make their stun remove interference and give protection against it for a round or two

blam, it's still easier to hurt their FP and force them to burn it, but they can still recover it afterwards
On the one hand, I respect Sderg's opinion on this because yeah, it's such a hard counter to Dullahans that it hurts.

On the other... considering Dullahans likely aren't going to have phenomenal res (I mean, I guess a Dullahan hexer is possible but with that limited FP it'd be a pain to actually make work, and their Will is low to boot) Soul Chains + 3x Judgment Blades (Initial turn Soul Chains is inflicted on, and hypothetical recovery turn after burning out) is very likely to defeat it anyways, assuming you're a Will-based GS, so it kind of seems like a lot of work for Dev to change something that ultimately probably won't actually change how the fight goes down. Sure, depending on how things line up, the Dullahan may have a decent fighting chance (What with Charging bonuses now and all,) but it's still at an obvious disadvantage regardless, and that's just how some races and classes work.

If it's a simple tweak, I say it be changed, but if it's a lot of work to change, I don't think it'd be worth the effort that could be spent on more important things.
*loud burp*