Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sparring Mode
When selecting a pvp fight, can one more option be added to the current options for pvp? Or have it replace "Stylish" since no one uses Stylish pvp mode.

Sparring Mode, which allows the Leave Battle action, when sparring other people just for fun, the most annoying part about Conceding near 0 hp is when you don't have a good flee chance, and having to waste time going to the edge of the map, when it should end there. for example, I have a tank with an 11% flee chance against another tank with a 18% flee chance, you can see where that goes fast....Or slow, for that matter.

Also I feel like this would encourage people not to spar until K.O. (0 HP) so often.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
In an effort to find a middle ground between flesh wounds and CM Overload 'it was just a a spark'. I'd support this if only to further clarify intent in PvP as well.
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.
+1

This would be a good idea, just to be able to differentiate the two. Maybe even give the selected mode two different icons (just adding a shield over the icon for the spar), since I've seen a ton of people who just entered the arena have to ask if it's a spar or not, guards and normal people.
But the option for leaving the battle in general would just be a good idea, in the case of a different PvP style. Since then 'real' battles couldn't have it get abused.
[Image: da4KzKk.png]
+1, I support this wholely.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Supported, because that's what happens the most on the game nowadays. Why not make it a little more dynamic?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
+1, and make it the default.

As someone who PVPs mostly for RP purposes, sometimes you DO fight to kill, and it makes sense to have difficulty escaping THOSE scenarios. (Example: Assassins were once after my character's crush, who was a Phenex BK, and the heavy armor would make it difficult to escape when the attackers were all VAs.) In these scenarios, it makes sense for people to fight until HP hits 0 and for ending the battle to be trickier.

But far more frequent than those kinds of battles is when two people just clash for a minute to see how much they've learned as combattants. Between a Master and Pupil, or even between strangers demanding an opponent so they can test out their new techniques against someone smart enough to not charge them blindly like most PVE Mobs are prone to doing. In these scenarios, it makes sense for one person to admit defeat and for them to stop fighting. But between two BKs, for example, it can take literally dozens of turns for them to escape to end the fight. It's actually easier to go "lolnope" and keep attacking. Which would of course be a crime. So yeah.
*loud burp*
Yes please.

+1, not sure if Spo's OP clearly stated enough (doesn't hurt to be on the safe side) but I think a "Concede" option for the Sparring Mode in place of flee that can be activated anywhere on the field (or on the edges, depending on conflicting opinions) with a 100% flee chance would make sense.

Also, to go along with it, the regular mode be given a second prompt (if it doesn't have one already) to clarify the fight isn't necessarily considered a spar, could pose actual IC/RP harm to your character, etc, etc.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Yeah, sure. Reasons why I support it were already mentioned, but I do want to note that it will prevent confusion between spar and serious fight by people that go /me yawns "thats all you got" after being hit by 450 damage in serious conflict
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13465#p13465 Wrote:Exxy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:24 am[/url]"]Also, to go along with it, the regular mode be given a second prompt (if it doesn't have one already) to clarify the fight isn't necessarily considered a spar, could pose actual IC/RP harm to your character, etc, etc.

'Serious' fights will have their 'swords' icons red instead of silver, then. (You know, for outsiders who are going to be watching.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13480#p13480 Wrote:Snake » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:11 pm[/url]"]

'Serious' fights will have their 'swords' icons red instead of silver, then. (You know, for outsiders who are going to be watching.)

+1, this sounds like a great idea. Would make guard work easier, too!
[Image: themoreyoulearnandshit.gif]
[Image: 0jEzoZe.png]