Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partying shot
Found this on the main server

Parting shot seems to launch you diagonally when used on a target who is diagonal from you, effectively making it 6 squares of movement instead of 3, this did not happen before the parting shot change so I'm going to assume its a bug.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Not really a big deal, diagonal knockbacks work the same way.
Diagonal knockbacks do not work the same way, Typhur does not do this, neither does blowback cannon, hands of the giant with gigantic gene, etc.
It's also frustrating for both sides, as well; not only does the opponent have further to move to catch up (not every class even HAS 6 move, without using a movement boost - and it didn't need to be used at 1 range either) but it also carries non-rifle MGs out of their own attack range if not used as their last action of the round - and there's actually plenty of scenarios in which it'd be used first.

I think it'd be better for everyone involved (besides the rifle users, I guess) if forced movement due to skills (Parting Shot, any Knockback that doesn't currently play nice with physics, if they exist, pulling skills like Pulling Shot, Forced Move, etc) followed the same rules as Movement and Attack Range. Even if it's not technically a "bug," a consistent unified system that doesn't contradict it's own rules whenever it pleases is simply much cleaner and more convenient for all involved.
*loud burp*
Okay, but Parting Shot used to work this way and it was changed for some reason. Does anyone remember why?
Are you referring to it being that it used to shoot you diagonally? I believe that was changed during the whole knockback changes to Typhur and other knockbacks, where they couldn't blow you away diagonally any more, simply because pushing back someone diagonally 3 tiles would essentially be 6, due to how moving at a diagonal costs you 2move, simply put they were too strong for kiting when being used at these diagonals, parting shot is the same way, you're supposed to move 3 tiles away, and then your opponent would need to move 6 tiles to get to you.

If you're referring to it being changed as of recently, I believe the problem with ambidexterity made it so that Parting shot just planted you beside someone similar to hanging, which was then changed again to slide you back properly.
Parting Shot used to 'knock you back' from the enemy resulting in cardinal steps away. It was changed, which caused the hanging bug. I want to know why it was changed in the first place.
Ambidexterity was allowing you to attack with anything, and parting shot for the same amount of rounds as your main hand gun, you could shoot someone with a dagger 3 times in the back if you were to parting shot with a handgun.
Okay, well, I changed it back. I expect the original issue will become obvious at some point and it'll get posted and we can repeat this cycle of insanity once more.