Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status Overwriting (non-infliction)
Now that status-infliction based effects will only apply a higher level status if a similar one is already applied, can the same be done for statuses such as Magnetized?

I'm not sure off the top of my head how many other statuses get shafted by this, but Magnetized suffers the most, easily. Whether it be from Golem's initial damage Magnetized being overwritten by its much smaller base Magnetized, to Elemental Augment's damage with Galren overwriting just about any attempt to magnetize a target with a much, much smaller one.

So if statuses (that don't use infliction) could not overwrite similar ones with a higher level, that'd be great.
Yeah, some of the only issues with magnetized mostly is that it's overwritten so easily by smaller numbers, making skills like Golem and Terra strike not synergize well with Galren (despite being earth damage), I can get behind this.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Make me a list of all the sources of Magnetize you can find and I will think about it.
Magnet Shell
Galren (any earth damage will inflict it at damage/2 level, this is what it mostly comes from)
Golem
Terra Strike
Quaking Incise
Should behave this way now.