Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shine Swords and Spectre Swords
Both of these swords are rare, high level swords that require the associated element's stat to rise. And while they are cool and nifty in their own regard; I feel with Shine Swords being the supposed 'Paladin' sword, it's silly it does not effect Mercana magics. It seems like it was designed to be used for people who wanted to play a more paladin-like class, only for the weapon to fall off short because well--- to cast magic while wielding it you need to dual-wield. But Paladins don't dual wield; they either double-hand or carry big shields of holy might!

I think Spectre Swords should act as spell edges ONLY for Huggessoan domain spells, and Shine Swords should be act as spell edges ONLY for Mercana domain spells.
how about

weapons that are elemental, or have a 10% bonus to a spell can be used as casting tools for that domain only?
+1
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I'd prefer not, this would create too many builds that could cut corners too easily, for example, using strength to cast wretched oil, to most of these suggestions at least.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Wretched Oil isn't a Hugeossan domain spell.

It's an isepian domain spell.

Get it right.
Then it'll only apply to void skills and eternal darkness, and still not acceptable, I don't see the point.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
I agree with spooks. Post-GR you can cast magic without the need of WIL, and that is BAD, because mages are not limited to being spellcasters and can pretty much be anything along the lines, same to the vice versa.
To the point a guy with 60 STR and 15 WIL can cast magic in a 92% efficiency of a mage with 40 STR and 60 WIL.

Magic is just way too accessible now and I'd rather not see more 'will-less mages' running around and less omniclassing in general. Using what Dev said once when we were trying to go for 4 stat points per level instead of 3.5:
Quote:"I'd rather not have people who can do and be everything. That's why."
Or something like that, I forgot.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The problem is that all kinds of non-WIL tomes exist, but the vast majority (over 75%) of melee weapons are a majority scaling in STR.