Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[QUE] Lantern Bearer Auras, Predicted Movement and other Visual Effects
Assuming this is a bug but not entirely sure, currently if you scroll over the section of the Aura (like with the character model) you are shown the predicted movement. This seems to occur with all auras.

My initial thought was this occurs due to the auras being directly tied into the character model.

[Image: 18d777c1e3c2414b8c0f27168b44f66e.png]

"Spoops" Wrote:Yeah, also lantern bearer auras turn whenever you're using crane hop and get knocked down, looks a bit goofy since they're directly attached to the character sprite. . .

"Exxy" Wrote:I think whichever there's also a "wavering" effect (from ST I think, may be wrong) that causes some pretty wonky things to auras.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Yeah, also lantern bearer auras turn whenever you're using crane hop and get knocked down, looks a bit goofy since they're directly attached to the character sprite, I don't think it's technically a bug but its somewhat annoying.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
I think whichever there's also a "wavering" effect (from ST I think, may be wrong) that causes some pretty wonky things to auras.

Edit: Changing the title to reflect the other issues tied to LB auras mentioned in here.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
It kind of makes sense, though, to have the wavering from Distortion and the rotation from Knockdown.

These auras are literally radii of light cast from a lantern -- why wouldn't things that cause your lantern to waver, or lie flat on the ground, change the light it casts in the same way?

I don't think it's a bug, or if it is, it's kind of a cool, harmless one and should be kept.

Definitely nix the selection thing, though -- it makes double-clicking monsters and players within your aura a chore.
If this was light emitted from your LB's lantern then it wouldn't be a 360-degree circle; still considering these issues that should probably be dealt with.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
The area of effect should show properly for gameplay reasons.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
The lantern is an underlay so yes, it will act as if you mouse-over the person in question. As for it changing directions and all that when you get knocked down, that's been fixed.