Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Library Map
So, part of a problem I've noticed over the course of time was how much people know about the basic lore of the game. Varying from people not knowing society's history, to people playing races incorrectly, etc, etc. Not to say that isn't bad, especially when it's intentional, but when the majority of IC society doesn't even know what things like Heaven's Contention is, or that Sigrogana and Oniga had a war a few years back, it gets a bit stupid and lack of actually knowing what the game is about.

Problem I've seen about that is people either being too lazy to go to the wiki and read up on things, or that most lore is thrown around the place and hard to find sometimes. Which I don't think story lore should be easy to find, but, society and world lore.....

Most of the people in game don't even know that the bookshelf behind Pink in the tutorial is a lore bank. They think it's just pretty decoration. And I don't recall her telling people to go check it out (that might be an incorrect statement on my part); but I don't think that those bits of info should remain only in the tutorial, especially if people want to look at it for references, and I don't think people should really have to go to the wiki for it.

I'm asking for a library that stores all the basic lore about society, the world, and history (the stuff in Pink's area with additions later on) that people can go to and read up on lore, or just hang out and RP at as a bonus. I'm almost kind of begging for this because it almost seems necessary as a place because most people don't know the game's basic information. Plus it would be really nice to have.

Now, as to where? Slap it in Chaturanga, or Tannis (because why not? Nobody goes there for anything anyway). It'd give both of these places more of a reason to go.

As for below; this is what kind of sparked my desire to suggest this topic, when most people don't even know about this kind of thing existing, and I feel it's pretty necessary for at least the players to have an idea it exists since if the player doesn't know, how would the character know?

OOC PSOHype: so how is the economy in this game? the byond mage didnt really say much about the lore
OOC Fern22: the awkward moment when i have to look in about five alts for my marching band
Doctor Mavis Haemin says "So what? We'll just leave her this way until the end of her days?"
OOC Black Ryu X: Lore is either in game or on the wiki
OOC MegaBlues: the economy is non-existant essentially, the lore is alright
OOC Black Ryu X: And some of the shit needs to be in game
OOC Black Ryu X: Like all the tutorial lore that nobody reads
OOC Black Ryu X: Aka the shit on Pink's bookhelves behind her
OOC Mitikozuki: ,,,
OOC Mitikozuki: Those are lore?
OOC Black Ryu X: Yes
OOC PSOHype: would i be able to make my own town or spmething?
OOC Dinogun: People don't really notice that you can click those.
OOC Acemaster296: ikr
OOC Mitikozuki: Thought it was decoration
OOC Black Ryu X: They have an interface if you click on them
OOC MegaBlues: i didnt even know you could interact with those, yikes
OOC AgentMurasaki: LOL.
OOC Mitikozuki: ...
OOC Black Ryu X: And they have basic game lore
OOC AgentMurasaki: Yeah, you can.
OOC Mitikozuki: I want to read them
OOC AgentMurasaki: It's kin of cool, too.
OOC Black Ryu X: Heaven's Contention, etc
OOC Black Ryu X: All that is in the tutorial area
OOC Black Ryu X: And ONLY the tutorial area
OOC Black Ryu X: Which is bad
OOC Mitikozuki: We need a public library
OOC Black Ryu X: They need to be accessible anywhere
OOC Black Ryu X: Or in a library map
OOC Black Ryu X: YES, I SUGGEST THAT FOREVER AGO(oir)
OOC Mitikozuki: One with a fanfiction section, pending section, and approved section
OOC Black Ryu X: I'm actually going to resuggest that, since nobody knows that the bookshelf in Pink's actually has lore
OOC Black Ryu X: Which is bad
OOC Black Ryu X: Because it talks about the basic gist of the game
OOC Black Ryu X: IE, continents, wars, etc
Adorea Viatolé says "This is, who she is."
OOC Trex Man: oh god I never knew that
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I support this idea. A library would be awesome and actually have more places to RP for those book type of people as I already know a few who would visit there.
[Image: WIvIHIX.png]
Would be nice to have, yeah. Might improve the
quality of RP a bit, too.
I can already see the laplaceNET request from oldmanjoe@l-net.grm saying, "These youngsters know nothing of today's history! Show me that you know somethin' and read a gosh darn book!"
I fully support the idea, and think it would be kinda cool to see a book or two about conspiracies against Ashe or Yuuza as droppables from monsters or chests (much to the chagrin of those who don't like getting an egg or such in a chest that's held in a level 40 dungeon anyways).
I'm just throwing ideas out.

Maybe add it as a new section to the Mage's Guild in Cellsvich.
[Image: 728daabd1d06463d4458817a55e80d3f09da5d88.gif]
            "Nothing good ever comes of her laughter. And she's always laughing."
[Image: ae1249ba537fe4f2c0b55eeb8655f8744028e0f7.gif]
Most of the lore in the bookshelves is a bit outdated. But I'll keep this in mind.