Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanctity and corrupted
Can corrupted stop gaining sanctity from Aptitude? Seeing as how sanctity shanks corrupted races in the leg, and also that aptitude is a somewhat popular stat for just about anyone, considering it helps leveling and makes stat allocation so much easier.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Aptitude is just about a required stat at this point. Everyone needs it, at least a bit of it, for most builds to even have a chance at working. I'd really like to see this, even if it makes them guaranteed to be inflicted with every status effect.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
No.
Can I get some reasoning or an explanation as to why not? I'm curious as to why you don't think so, because this has made umbrals and papilions suffer a little bit for a stat nearly everyone should get to 36 or 43.

I guess another solution is to target those races and raise umbral's dark/light resist/weakness by 5% each respectively to offset the sanctity bonus granted from aptitude.

And Papilions having 6-8 FP Cost butterflies ain't that bad either considering that bai kai prayer exists.
I'm not going to change the way a stat works so Corrupted can minmax.
It's not about min maxing it's literally a stat that everyone takes and we told you everyone would take, but now we exist in 3.5 stat points per level and APT instead of just 4, I hear frequently that umbral's dark resistance gets screwed the moment they touch anything related to APT, but if that's the way it is then it won't change much, it's just a quality of life change that I thought might be helpful, thank you for replying though.
this isn't about min maxing aptitude is a force multiplier.

People either go 36/42/43 points in apt.

This 30-35 free stats when you count aptitude investment, but that isn't the only thing you get from aptitude, you also get increased exp gains.

Infact aptitude is the anti minmax stat.

there are still idiots out there who put 80 in a stat for reasons.
"Neus" Wrote:I'm not going to change the way a stat works so Corrupted can minmax.
I can't understand this at all. Beyond it just not making sense, why not allow corrupted to "minmax" when literally every other race can, even more so vampires? I've seen more than a few vampires with 50+ in every single stat thanks to sanctity and aptitude.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Here's your options as a Corrupted:
1. Deal with it.
2. Don't take APT.

I really don't see why a powerful boost like Aptitute bonuses should step around natural drawbacks (see: losing racial power for not dumping a stat) either.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Corrupted get powerful benefits for -not- having a stat. I think it's a fair trade-off for APT to cost them something.