Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild ride, no rides allowed.
to the best of my attempts of finding a way to do it with 7m.

There is no way for a demon hunter to engage a wild ride on their own, only using tools from the demon hunter class/soldier reliably.

DH
Leadtempest>descending ouroburos uses 7m
Reaver's KD also knockbacks, also costs 3m, and only KD's if both the enemy and the user are airborne.
Desperado KD's with shotguns only, Shotguns knockback, this becomes an issue since wild ride is only usable on enemies in one range.
Matador's bellowing stag knockbacks and KD's making it unusable to wild ride with.

Soldier
Charge strike turnover consumes all momentum.
Flatfoot charge bash +earthbadge has a 50% success rate of KD.
You can use a Corvis Cannon or Magical Nova to avoid knockback on shotguns, generally if you're running guns you wanna run MG but really Charge+Bash or sonic shell, or magical nova/corvis cannon should be all you need really.

A few things could help you out such as Deadly Smile, the new knockdown dagger or hands of the giant, otherwise you'll have to stick to Charge Bash and One-punch KO, I don't think this is inherently an issue, there's ways to achieve wild ride within DH itself.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Well A) I'm using not shotguns IE Rifles, things mutated into guns, pistols
B) my sub weapon is pretty much locked into Swords or things that count as swords.
C) I'm trying to avoid obvious magic gunner stuff, trying to be a non magical gunner.

A class shouldn't be locked into 2 specific shotguns, using other classes, using a specific spear or dagger or fist, just to use one of the 3 core skills of it's gun stance.

Its bad enough that Lead storm just flat out doesn't work with things mutated into guns, for no reason other than meh.

my only reliable option is to stick with team fights and have an ally set up KD's for me to exploit.

Part 2

You need to main class demonhunter to even have flatfoot to have a knockdown chance with bash, this means you cannon benefit from mainclassing another class, that the majority of their strength is frontloaded into mainclass only passives like fluer.
I've always thought that Wild Ride should have a range of 3, doubled if the user is airborne.
Increasing the range would help as megablues suggested, otherwise your lack of KD is your own fault, for not running the proper setup.
Its kinda hard to fit a proper KD method as simple and easy as pullingshot that MG/DH get, when you play an hilarious yet weak edge lord gimmick build of Kensei/DH capitalizing on a mutated braver(worst scaling katana ever) and a sub weaponed sword ( to sheath as an edgelord) to wild ride with.

Its like being told that instead of fixing something to work like a well oiled machine with itself, I should just play the meta class combos and use the specific items that remedy the issue.
Alright, but there's no reason to create easier knockdowns cause your one mutation setup doesn't work, that's like saying "I'm a VA/Monk with Qrytys', but man does it suck that I don't have Fleur, hey how about we give monks Fleur?", that's the tier of knockdown pretty much.
Its complicated and thats why I didn't suggest a solution, I just proposed an issue that Demon hunter in a vaccum can't use its own KD options to wild ride, because all options that end with a Kd opponent with momentum to spare to wild ride simultaneously knockback.

Megablues suggestion to change it to 3 range would solve that issue.

but yes this is an issue for my build and an issue for any MG/DH not running a shotgun or a subweaponed bow.

and I admit my idea is fueled by my frustration at being unable to get a simple gimmick to work, but I don't think its the same as asking for fluer, I mean wild ride cures KD, so its not like I'me even momentum screwing anyone.
Try running thunderhooves, You can Reaver > Charge > Move (0m) > Turnover and get the knockdown needed with enough momentum to spare for wild ride, you won't get it off too often but it will work for sure if you can gain the electrocharges first, just charge and move every round.
I'll try that out sometime, thanks for that tidbit

Feels kinda lame to rely on thunderhooves one of the most controversial foot items in the game.