Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ether Winvitation
Setting it at 75 per rank and making it not go down to 3m at rank 5 might be a welcome change enough, IE Making it a 4m skill even at rank 5

This is assuming that Dev doesn't want to touch upon changing the skill completely just yet, the previously mentioned would make it more bearable to deal with.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Making it do Darkness damage is also a good alternate choice in my opinion, since it gives more ways to resist the nuke damage.

Both 4M + Darkness damage and bam, this skill is balanced to an extend, because unlike Retaliate, this does physical damage. Though, it makes me wonder about the damage, will it really need to be reduced to '75 per rank' after such change?

In my opinion, due to Absolute Death, White Spirit, Holy enchant and especially FALLCALL, yes, it should. 75 damage per rank is the way to go in my sincere opinion.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I like how making something elemental damage is a nerf.

How about making it so that EE can't take its target below the user's health?
I'm pretty sure it's fair to say that a good portion of player characters resist dark damage, so it would effectively be a nerf yes. Anyway, I like the 75 damage per rank idea for exactly all the reasons Snake mentioned.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Elemental damage is a lot easier to resist than literally the variable "It can deal any damage type in the game, just depends on your weapon."
Auto-Enchant! Ice Dude is enchanted!
Auto-Enchant! Trailblazer is enchanted!
--- ROUND 0 ---
Ice Dude's turn.
Ice Dude's turn.
Trailblazer recovered 3 FP.
Ice Dude's turn.
Trailblazer's turn.
Ice Dude recovered 3 FP.
--- ROUND 1 ---
Ice Dude recovered 1 HP.
Ice Dude recovered 3 FP.
Trailblazer recovered 7 FP.
Ice Dude's turn.
Ice Dude's turn.
Ice Dude's turn.
Trailblazer's turn.
Ice Dude recovered 3 FP.
Trailblazer's turn.
--- ROUND 2 ---
Trailblazer recovered 9 FP.
Ice Dude recovered 1 HP.
Ice Dude recovered 3 FP.
Trailblazer's turn.
Trailblazer's turn.
Critical Hit! Trailblazer attacks Ice Dude with Symbiosis and hits them!
Ice Dude takes 114 Pierce physical damage.
Resist! Ice Dude takes 6 Lightning magical damage.
Trailblazer recovered 27 HP.
Trailblazer's turn.
Trailblazer skips their turn.
Ice Dude's turn.
Trailblazer recovered 4 FP.
Resist! Trailblazer takes 23 Earth magical damage.
Resist! Trailblazer takes 35 Darkness magical damage.
Status Infliction: 186.86 VS Status Resistance: 62
Trailblazer was inflicted with Poison!
Ice Dude's turn.
Trailblazer recovered 4 FP.
Trailblazer takes 45 Water magical damage.
Resist! Trailblazer takes 32 Darkness magical damage.
Status Infliction: 186.86 VS Status Resistance: 62
Trailblazer was inflicted with Silence!
Trailblazer's turn.
--- ROUND 3 ---
Trailblazer recovered 10 FP.
Trailblazer takes 93 Poison physical damage.
Ice Dude recovered 1 HP.
Ice Dude recovered 3 FP.
Trailblazer's turn.
Critical Hit! Trailblazer attacks Ice Dude with Magma Emperor and hits them!
Resist! Ice Dude takes 96 Fire physical damage.
Resist! Ice Dude takes 16 Lightning magical damage.
Resist! Ice Dude takes 129 Fire magical damage.
Trailblazer's turn.
Ice Dude takes 530 Pierce physical damage.
Resist! Ice Dude takes 16 Lightning magical damage.
Trailblazer recovered 127 HP.
Trailblazer's turn.
Ice Dude takes 178 Pierce physical damage.
Trailblazer recovered 42 HP.
The battle has ended.
Trailblazer recovered 256 HP.
Trailblazer recovered 70 FP.

[Image: ca275201fb0d4b5eb0ee63822f384557.png]

My DEF, and I'm using Weathered Body. All it took was three hits to murder me and I was unable to fight back. Ether Invitation's damage is apparently also charged by Afflicted Spectre, and amplified by Holy enchant. (RIP Vampires, RIP Spectre Knight, RIP Spirit users)

Fair and balanced?

This is yet another case to be judged upon. Ether Invitation got buffed for one reason, the Tanks were overbearing. Tanks got nerfed, so Ether Invitation doesn't need it's damage to be so high anymore.

It's also impossible to dodge it if you run Hexer, because Pilsfa's Masochism exists and unlike Fellel's Fumble, the curse is not Main Class only.
Thats more a symptom of over buffing and multipliers and not ethers direct fault.

Perhaps we need to nerf fall call to 5% extra damage per rank?

Because kunai the fact you got a holy fall called ether invitation down to 500ish damage is impressive since It usually hits in the high 1300 area on low defense/armor targets.
http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?f...248#p24248
It's like Soapy remarked with a link and I typed myself in that thread, problem is not in Fallcall or Death Knighting, since it can be dispelled by Null Shell/ignored if a Vampire uses Lunar Lunatism/annihilated if I pack Holy myself... It's just Ether Invitation being stupid with people who have more than 1000 HP, and that being that alone.

Like I said too, several times both in the Forums and Discord, this problem is not solved by just lol-slapping a cooldown and calling it a day. Dealing around 500+ damage on someone who's built to soak it down to 250 (because I think 500/2 = 250, according to math) is /not/ okay.

It needs to be changed to 4M + Damage type becomes Darkness Damage like L'au Dela so it can be resisted better by people (and maybe make justice for Vampires, due to Holy), and the damage toned down to 75 per rank.
bump, still an enormous outlier in terms of power with no stat investments required