Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggesting new Racial Auras
All aura quirks will start with something like 3 range of effectiveness, Adjustments can be made later.
These are all just random thoughts out of my ass, Give me criticism, Not sheer dismissal at it.
I'd like for those with thoughts on BOTH how it could be good and bad to comment.

Shaitan: Being corrupted i'd like for their aura to affect the enemies def and resistance, As it would make sense with their already existing racials. Maybe start with a -3 to both to enemies withing the range of the aura?
Papilon: Being crazy, Have it roll random buffs or debuffs to all enemies in range, Much like how the Red tails fortune cookies work.
Vampire: Small chance to apply one of Lunar Lunatisms affects, Based on the actual conditions. For example, New round chance to regen fp even without it being active, Dealing damage has a chance to apply fear even with LL off. Though to balance this out, Maybe have the chances half or a quarter of their chance if it were activated.
Lich: Being an Arcane class, It's Aura will be fp regen based. Heals fp based on w/e, and half of what it heals to all allies and enemies in range. Typically being mages, It shouldnt even be near enemies to begin with having the low health penalty.

These are just some ideas related to auras i could think of off the top of my head.
I'd like for the rest of you to name on race or more and what kind of aura you'd give them.
If this idea is liked by the community maybe even enemies could have these kinds of effects to help their team as well.
Ex. Kraboids giving all of their allies in range + 10% lvl def(the kraboids def) So if it has 60 def, even a mage goblin with 10 def would go to 16.
Personally, I'm not sure the shaitan aura is such a good idea, it is a nice concept, though, since lowering stats lowers elemental attack which is a weird interaction. Next up Papilion, I'd say give them the aura if they use their racial invocation for a low chance of inflicting a random ailment, while a slightly higher chance applies if the papilion dodges a basic attack. Vampire I think is strong enough WITHOUT the need of having these random effects, personally it'd best be left to just Lunar Lunatism since vampires are supposed to be secretive and appear like normal people until they so CHOOSE to reveal themselves dramatically. Finally Lich. Having a lich give FP regen to allies sounds intriguing but I think this'd be better placed into a support class like Priest or something close. Liches have enough FP (usually) that this isn't really necessary in the first place and as far as an aura for a lich I'd go more for enemies taking slightly more magic damage the closer they are to the lich. If we decide to do anything like that.

TL;DR Great idea overall but the suggestions could use some tweaks.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
This might be fine if it had a class or something. As is it seems just a bit odd and unnecessary as something to just add to all the races.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
You could achieve quite a lot already just using the base classes. Though, these suggestions would just make races even more powerful and some races (especially those dumbass, traitless Humans) completely useless, and would suggest to them to use another race entirely. Minmaxers be damned, this will just throw off balance entirely.

The concept is neat, don't get me wrong. But I don't see a way for this to be implemented and be balanced at the same time.
[Image: unknown.png]
I'd rather see Corrupted and other underrated races with proper buffs in their racials instead of new additions to coat their lack of power, that's my personal opinion.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
With humans, You could always give them the old charisma talent/trait as their aura. The one where they and everyone around them the +# various stat boost.
Charisma Could work.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water