Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Feature: Axe Duelist
Would it be possible for us to, later down the road, see an ax tree pop up in Duelist?

Ghost builds off of the concept of using Axes, but axes as a whole just really aren't supported in the slightest by Duelist. You get +CRIT, fleur, etc etc, but that's about it. Those benefits, alone, can't even be attributed to sword/spear/axe, due to the fact that anyone who is a duelist can get such a boon (though that is probably a balance fu thread waiting to happen).

I really have no idea what the skills would entail, but just some more support going to Ghost (and a berserker class in the future maybe) would be lovely to stack up with the berserker shell, etc.
Axes aren't really a duelist (base class) weapon in my eyes, so probably not.
I'd like to see a Soldier/Duelist promo class focused only on Axes in the future, however. Same goes to spears.
Well, if they aren't a "duelist" base class weapon, then maybe ghosts in general should have more stuff to benefit the axes. Or Soldier could have more than auto-hits so we can have that be a decent class that gives benefits to diff weapon types.
Duelist is supposed to be about quick and graceful fighting. Axes don't fit that. Even with the game mechanics, they don't fit that, since they're supposed to be low Hit/Crit for higher Power meant for Autohits more than Basics.

The fact Ghost has Axe skills is more something I question existing rather than something I'd say 'this needs more support.'

I'd rather see a Lancer-type promo for Duelist. One that is more heavily focused on Spears and perhaps a specific new kind of spear, similar to how Kensei focuses on Katana.

If we're going to have a Berserker-type class, I would like to see that as a Soldier promo. I imagine it would be similar to Ghost in a slight way, with a focus on Axes and both receiving/dealing damage, getting stronger as the fight goes on basically. Matador exists, but its 'comebacks' are focused in Dark damage.

Those are my thoughts anyway.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
this game defies real world logic a lot, so saying logic is the reason duelist does not have axe skills is a bad arguement.

this game is fantasy/anime based. In anime their are characters that use axes dynamically, take some ideas from that and use it to make a set of axe skills for duelist.
"we is anime" is not an excuse to absolutely ignore physics

less tanky, more axe murder promo for soldier wouldn't be bad, but i have the feeling berseker class or something of the sort would spawn from that

which if i recall correctly was already proposed in the past
We've been absolutely ignoring physics for a while.

airborne mechanics, Boomerang axes, peddling wheel, Demon hunter.
Sidecut with a tome for paper cuts as deep as a blade of steel when, damn it.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
3* tome, mutated jammer core, = paper mache sword.