Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ocean man, take me by the sword
its overpowered because of the extra momentum, if it was limited like crit was the extra damage would be fine ( in regards to the spell thief water build, not youkai geddon, tbh youkai damage accross the board isn't balanced for pvp).

Crit used to give +1 m every crit, all the time, now it doesn't.

that means that elemental weakness shouldn't give +1 momentum per weak proc, it should be once per tome just like crit.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:that means that elemental weakness shouldn't give +1 momentum per weak proc, it should be once per tome just like crit.

[Image: 3ccfa8f075.png]
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
You can back end the system to hunt for the weapon or tome, used for the skill or spell or on hit effect.

Weaponless skills being an exception to the rule just like weaponless crits.
I think its silly, the OP effect is the 40% damage accompanying the weakness, you can just give it 30% or stack it on hit so the weakness doesn't last for so god damn long and can be used for effectively 3 entire water combos.

There's a really simple solution to this and everyone is making it so convoluted, just make the weakness 25% or 30% and it'll have counterplay, 40% weakness = 40% damage + ability to combo, not even absolute death does this.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Kk. So. Again. What does everyone want for River Sword?

Whichever looks more thematic to 'carving rivers'. I think personally that you'd need to "dig a bit" first so the water "flows in" smoothly. AKA, vote's on making it a 'stack weakness on-hit'.

Does 10% water weakness per hit, to a max of 30%, and duration of 4 rounds even sound appealing to anyone? We'd rather (For the second time) get to a conclusion here, else this will keep going forever like the Wraithguard thread, and it was a flipping traumatic experience.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
While I agre with you, Spo. Thats certainly one Solution, I don´t think that you should calculate now in your build to get one piece of coral equipment, always, just so you won´t stand infront of the same thing this thread is even about. I think the Build up with more hits allows for more counterplay, and then actually deserved to hit weakness. It´s also feels more rewarding in my opinion to acheive it then, to the point where you can then say "Awww yis, Time to wash you up!" and actually do the kind of combos we have now.
Triggering weakness is already rare enough, thanks to sancity always giving 1% atleast after you build your Apt, so I feel we shouldn´t remove the possibility entirely but just make it harder to pull off. Else I feel like weapon might be overnerfed and not used at all anymore.
"Spoops" Wrote:There's a really simple solution to this and everyone is making it so convoluted, just make the weakness 25% or 30% and it'll have counterplay, 40% weakness = 40% damage + ability to combo, not even absolute death does this.
Except you can already counterplay it with an Umbrella, or god forbid, a BK skill that hasn't seen much use. What you're suggesting is 'make it braindead to counter'. That's not a 'simple solution'. That's haphazardly throwing yet another piece into the nerf basket, and rewarding people for going 'oh i'll just build SAN or put on a coral piece and ignore this rofl'.

10% on hit, up to 40%, does the job just as well without entirely removing the weapon's threat and forces investment on the levels of (if not greater than) Intensify Cold, which has less counterplay than River Sword. How is that 'so convoluted'?
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I haven't really seen a single argument againts why the weakness being consumed by first water damage source is a bad idea.
Yet removing the almost assured (unless someone actualy wears lets say shackles) Weak! message will make the sword practicaly unusable, because it'd simply no longer be worth momentum to strike with it. Nor the stat investment necesary to actualy hit with it.
Same goes with build-up. You'll actualy have to dedicate yourself to swordplay stats (And likely classes.) to effectively use this.
I actually have a slightly different concern regarding making it 10% stacking, which is just that they might be dead before you get much benefit out of the weapon.
If someone is dying in 4 hits, I think that's more telling of just how insane damage is compared to health