Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swordfish Buckler
It feels like the Swordfish Sword is missing something, it has 80% STR scaling but thats really it, it has water damage on hit and is a 2*, and it has very low power compared to a lot of swords.

I know its somewhat specific but I think that Swordfish Sword should gain VIT scaling, because it does have water damage on hit.

80% STR
30% VIT

does this sound fine?
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
I don't generally see swordfish sword used in most situations but I think this scaling would be fitting. It would add onto things and perhaps give it more use in a battle, or at least some consideration in a build

[strike]At least if people can deal with going yee-hah! or whatever it is that happens when you wield said sword[/strike]
100% total scaling would make it fit in with other similar weapons that partially scale off of defensive stats, so I'd go for 70/30 for STR/VIT. There's not much consistency with how weapon scaling is determined, but considering how necessary VIT is, it should be on the lower end of the spectrum.
I just thought since it had the same power as a longsword but less scaling and more rarity that it might be alright, since VIT is a defensive stat I can see 70/30 working, maybe 80/20, I think that's more than fine Megablues.
I agree for a 2* the scaling could use a little omfph! Ya-Ha!
[Image: tenor.gif]
I'd rather make it 100~110% STR, to be honest. Slapping VIT scaling onto a weapon is a dicey prospect, considering how much of a core defensive stat Vitality is.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Chaos" Wrote:I'd rather make it 100~110% STR, to be honest. Slapping VIT scaling onto a weapon is a dicey prospect, considering how much of a core defensive stat Vitality is.

While that is true, lower vit scaling like 20-30% makes it so that it can't be the core stat to scale on, Ensui for example has 70/30 scaling and doesn't get out of hand, same with water tomes having 80 WIL and 40 VIT.

And because of better autohit weapons existing and the low power of Swordfish Sword, I actually think that 70/30 scaling like Ensui is probably the best way to go here.
Sure, why not.