Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade Suggestion: Spell Power Items
"Spoops" Wrote:
"Yark" Wrote:Thanks for mentioning Bloody Palms, which is effectively just +24% damage (or +12% if you're too incompetent to deal mixed damage), extremely easy to set up, works for all sources of damage, and comes from a normal monsters meaning that it can be farmed easily. With the commonality of things like Cyclone Spear in PvP, it is also very easy to knock away plants. Bloody Palms is just outright superior to Overgrown Staff by a wide margin, and this should not be the case.

There is no scenario in which any reasonable person would consider using Overgrown Staff instead of Bloody Palms.

Sounds like a problem with Bloody Palms to me, also keep in mind Claret call is a flat 12 damage and not 12% more physical damage, also even if you were correct there, dealing 12% more physical and magical damage does not add up to +24% damage, math doesn't really work like that.

Also I was too careless to realize that you can't cast spells without a tome, meaning you can't pair up Overgrown staff and bloody palms without being horribly inefficient. Bloody palms become moot, thankfully I provided the example before it anyways. (Though Bloody Palms was being used as an example, other modifiers can count too, like 1v1, Combination fighter, splash, etc.)
Overgrown Staff affects Nature domain spells, which means you'd just make it out of conduiz and cast with it. Yes, Bloody Palms is a "problem" because of how easy and splashable it is, and because it's just better than most boss 10* items. But that doesn't mean that adding 1 spell power per plant within 4 range isn't a pitifully bad effect.
"Yark" Wrote:Overgrown Staff affects Nature domain spells, which means you'd just make it out of conduiz and cast with it.

Overgrown Staff is a staff weapon, staves are typically made of wood and cannot be made of conduiz.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Then pick up God Rod. In any case, the point is that an extremely rare 10* is far weaker than a common 10* that can be reliably farmed by killing groups of Sliders in a crazy Crypt.

Logically, it makes sense that the rarer items should be slightly stronger - or at the very least as strong. Your absurd scenario of maxing out the buff with 40 plants in range is not ever going to happen, and even if it did, it would still be objectively inferior to Bloody Palms in terms of damage output.
[Image: s1wmsy8.png]
[Image: JqXPJul.png]
I feel the need to point out that God Rod won't let you cast Nature spells with it. Only Mercalan domain ones.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Let's not deviate from the OP?

In my opinion, increasing all Elemental ATKs by 10% should be enough. Let's be real, you're giving place for High Mage Cape or Heron Feather, by equipping this.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
All old items should get a pass honestly...kickboxing shoes...ayylmao.
"Fern" Wrote:I feel the need to point out that God Rod won't let you cast Nature spells with it. Only Mercalan domain ones.
Again, the point is that the staff is objectively inferior to Bloody Palms. There is no justification for using it, and you're only proving my point by highlighting what a pain in the ass it is to actually cast Nature spells with it equipped. Would you rather use Overgrown Staff + Tome, or Tome + Bloody Palms? The answer is obviously the latter, because adding a small, flat increase to spell power is outdated and underwhelming. It is the same reason that the item mentioned by the OP is such trash, and is the reason I chose to bring it up here instead of making a new thread.

Let me put it this way. Even if Overgrown Staff always gave +40 spell power without any other conditions, it would still be inferior to Bloody Palms. Why should this be the case?
I agree with buffing Prism Jewel, as I said initially, Kunai's suggestion or making it a flat increase to all elemental power is a good spot to stick it at.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
"Yark" Wrote:Bloody Palms.
Dunno guys, shouldn't this be made into its own thread?
"DoctorMad" Wrote:
"Yark" Wrote:Bloody Palms.
Dunno guys, shouldn't this be made into its own thread?
No:

"Yark" Wrote:adding a small, flat increase to spell power is outdated and underwhelming. It is the same reason that the item mentioned by the OP is such trash, and is the reason I chose to bring it up here instead of making a new thread.