Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to tip the scales! Tactician 'I win' buttons (Splash + Analyze Weakness/Enemy Evaluation)
i'm with spoops on just about everything, especially orders and formations being a lot weaker than their spells.

in my opinion their tactics ranking system is a little wonky in general as well. you can get it dropped to ZERO at the drop of a hat, so all forms of rank-building that aren't topping it off in one round, two max have you fighting a losing battle if you aren't somehow nullifying damage completely (like with the tact/dh meme).

it'd be nice if tactics rank was harder to lose and became more of a slow burn over the course of a battle, instead of the switch flipping from D to S every other round
While I agree with many points raised here so far I would say that we should avoid calling for the eyes to be nerfed too much. Keep in mind if you are not a summoner they are the only viable way to raise your tactics rank in a 1v1 situation.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Keep in mind that Tactician wasn't used much for a long time because it was too support focused. Tactician being a viable mage class is just how the class has been designed; it's always had Dualpower and always sort of encouraged you to also be a mage on the side. I also strongly disagree with making Dark Eyes 1 HP; this makes them free to remove by Skyburn pretty much. I wouldn't be opposed to giving Dark Eyes a cooldown, so if you use it and it gets shut down, it's more punishing. Keep in mind that Dark Eyes need every last bit of their FP to use Dark Detonate, and it is a spell. Void Pollution, FP drain effects, Silence, etc. all stop them from being used. I could see them getting a slight HP nerf though, maybe level*1.5 instead of level*2, but I don't know how necessary that would be.

Soaked can go one of two ways. It can remain a low Momentum combo piece, but also get a damage drop, or it can become a 3M spell that is somewhat slower/worse at comboing and retain the current damage, but lose the cooldown.
As for Anaylze Weakness and Enemy Evaluation, I can definitely see why that might be an issue. Percentage reductions have always been a problem in the past, but both of these skills make Tactician very useful for PvE boss fights (in theory). I have a few ideas on how to change that to feel more fair/interactive. Number one would just be reduced effectiveness against player characters, which is relatively simple. Number two would be to have lowered effectiveness normally, while gaining amplified boosts based on if the ally has an Order or is in a Formation. IE, X+Tactics Rank% damage boost for Analyze Weakness, where X is 2 (or 10, if the attacker is in a Formation, or has fulfilled an Order this turn.)
Neus post_id=35099 time=1548468806 user_id=2 Wrote:Keep in mind that Tactician wasn't used much for a long time because it was too support focused. Tactician being a viable mage class is just how the class has been designed; it's always had Dualpower and always sort of encouraged you to also be a mage on the side. I also strongly disagree with making Dark Eyes 1 HP; this makes them free to remove by Skyburn pretty much. I wouldn't be opposed to giving Dark Eyes a cooldown, so if you use it and it gets shut down, it's more punishing. Keep in mind that Dark Eyes need every last bit of their FP to use Dark Detonate, and it is a spell. Void Pollution, FP drain effects, Silence, etc. all stop them from being used. I could see them getting a slight HP nerf though, maybe level*1.5 instead of level*2, but I don't know how necessary that would be.

I can see all of the points here, I noticed this a few days ago on my tact when my dark eye was stuck in void pollution with someone else, it just couldn't use dark eye due to the increased FP Cost, and lantern bearer trivializes their use sometimes due to wide AoE and/or silence.

I think lowering their HP as you said is a good idea, I was too knee jerkish with the thought of 1HP and didn't quite think of the AoE threat they do face sometimes, I think if they gain a 3 round cooldown and have reduced HP it'd give much more worth to actually killing them, as currently they're just resummoned if killed, as there's no penalty that is incurred when they're killed, you just resummon them.

They're currently a very strong 1 point wonder as well, another option worth exploring is the possibility of tying HP to rank, something like rank*20 or something similar to however much HP they have now.

Quote:Soaked can go one of two ways. It can remain a low Momentum combo piece, but also get a damage drop, or it can become a 3M spell that is somewhat slower/worse at comboing and retain the current damage, but lose the cooldown.

I like splash currently as a combo piece, it serves as a unique interaction that can be thwarted with water resistance, I currently use it on an MA for the combination fighter damage into 2 pieces of my combo (with bloody palms, it can be extremely effective to do Splash > Acid Rain > Pinpoint Electro)

I'd rather lower its damage tbh, its damage has always just been slightly overtuned for a 1m spell, soaked also only effects 1 target, while rain trap exists as an AoE soaked, the further combo actions of soaked just cause for some cool pieces to roleplay with, though the duration at the very least could also use a cut, it lasts 7 rounds currently which is far too long, something more managable like 3 duration would probably be fine given its ease of re-appliance, and still allow you to set up the meme dream of chaining lightning between people.

That said I'd like to know if you have any plans for fan tomes (Baihurai/Qinglongram/Zhuluquare/Xuanwuken), I believe you mentioned they might get nerfed in the past but I haven't seen anything yet, they're abused by just about EVERY mage currently for absurd damage, but the most so on tactician, I reckon if those get hit it might dive down on a lot of mage issues right now.

Like being able to heal with only SWA, and very high damage being pumped out from any mage class, simply due to split elemental/swa scaling. (Fan tomes roughly hit 145-150 SWA right now, rivaling 2hand in terms of SWA.)

Quote:As for Anaylze Weakness and Enemy Evaluation, I can definitely see why that might be an issue. Percentage reductions have always been a problem in the past, but both of these skills make Tactician very useful for PvE boss fights (in theory). I have a few ideas on how to change that to feel more fair/interactive. Number one would just be reduced effectiveness against player characters, which is relatively simple. Number two would be to have lowered effectiveness normally, while gaining amplified boosts based on if the ally has an Order or is in a Formation. IE, X+Tactics Rank% damage boost for Analyze Weakness, where X is 2 (or 10, if the attacker is in a Formation, or has fulfilled an Order this turn.)

Whatever option you decide to go for I'd like to see this change, these sound very neat, especially the latter of those options, currently the percentage deduction on enemy evaluation is nigh crippling, analyze weakness is not as much as an issue and more percentage increases exist in the game anyway.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]