Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ephemeral Insight (Less retarded version)
While having seemingly an unresistable damage type of attack, I believe paying 12 momentum for Ephemeral Insight only to have it disappearing within 1 effective round is not really the way. The uses are nigh-impossible and losing all that momentum that could be better put into using invocations doesn't really balance out the cost vs efficiency.

I suggest it not reducing the Charge Mind/Ephemeral Insight's duration to rounds to 2 rounds, but 3 rounds. (Because once you use Charge Mind, and use Charge Mind again... Your turn will end. The duration says '2 rounds', but out of those 2 rounds, you miss 1 by just activating this skill. Possibly an oversight.)

The level in Worn Out is also a bit too much, but it's even more when this lasts for 3 rounds, making an equal of using any type of Magic or Skill cost a whooping 300 additional FP in total, given you're using them every time per round... Worn Out should last 1 round, 2 rounds tops.

This way you can atleast try to chase after an enemy before using a spell. Or better yet, be able to use an invocation with it atleast. I really like the idea of investing a hell ton of Momentum and receiving a harsh FP drawback... but if you can't really effectively use it, why bother grabbing it?

It's not efficient, and it doesn't make Evoker any marginally better. Just more susceptible to being annihilated from the face of earth, as about anything in SL2 can just sweep aside Evokers like they're indeed, nerds with a bath robe and harsh words.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The worn out status also ticks away after your turn, though. So you'd only really have 2 turns of being worn out. But two hundred extra FP might be a lot.

The real thing to consider is the value of unresistable damage and how often you'd want/need to use this skill to begin with. Against certain enemies or people changing their equipment to hard counter you, this skill could be what it would take to chunk them for half their HP that you'd otherwise need to spend twice as many turns grinding through.
12 Momentum for the Buff alone, 3 momentum for HSDW, 3 for chanting, 3 for blinking since no fool would stay close, 3 to recast it

So it's 24 Momentum for one instance of unresistible damage, chances are if someone is equiping themselves to counter you, they have a way to stop you from even doing a normal CM cast. Be it dispells, silence, or even having something that would ignore your instance of damage. Can't do true damage if you can't hit them (Body of Memesep, Cobra...)

Outside of PVE its pretty meh and extremelly hard to pull off, for 24 momentum to do true damage, just using all that momentum to cast normally on the enemy would surpass the numbers you'll do on them, unless again, they are monogearing to counter only you, and if they are doing that they have stuff on their build kit that would make sure you don't do a normal CM anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mewni's post:
  • Trexmaster
Yo, what if Ephemeral Insight also further increased the damage? Since the plan's having it not be usable, slash, be usable if your enemy's dumb and is giving you enough time. I believe, for how many drawbacks in duration and FP use, it should work like you used Charge Mind twice.

Because let's be real. You used Charge Mind twice. Where's the damage increase on that?

Let us have multiple Charge Minds if we have Ephemeral Insight, and if you use Charge Mind while Ephemeral Insight is active, it will increase its Momentum Cost by 1 (So it costs 7M instead of 6M), refresh Ephemeral Insight, and grant you a new Charge Mind that will also be consumed on your next spell. And this with no limitations since you're literally put still in your place, stuck Charge Minding to keep your Insight going.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Why is it possible to trigger evasion against a spell using Ephemeral insight? It should not be.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water