Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[2.13b] Kagekiri and Positional Requirements
Kagekiri will always be able to trigger position-based defensive abilities, such as Eviter, regardless of which direction anyone is facing.

For example, using Kagekiri through someone's back and ending at their front can be blocked with Eviter. Using Kagekiri through their side and ending at the other side can be blocked with Eviter. And lastly, using Kagekiri through their front and ending behind them can be blocked with Eviter.

This is not the case with Sidecut, which will correctly strike the enemy from the direction you are moving through. This means that Sidecutting from behind someone, through their back, and ending in front of them, will never trigger Eviter or Cobra.

I know this is an issue with most abilities that both move the character and deal damage (Flame Jetwing, Swooping Stroke), but I don't have any test data for those instances. Ideally, it would be nice for these to behave as Sidecut currently does.
If it adds any clarity or difference, i've been sidecut from behind and had Danger Sense on which caused me to proc a Stalemate while effectively being sidecut from behind and facing the opponent at the same time.

Granted, this has only happened once ever.
HexGirlBestGirl post_id=38308 time=1574331109 user_id=2122 Wrote:If it adds any clarity or difference, i've been sidecut from behind and had Danger Sense on which caused me to proc a Stalemate while effectively being sidecut from behind and facing the opponent at the same time.

Granted, this has only happened once ever.

This is probably due to an effect like burn up or something similar proccing damage before the sidecut actually went off, as this shouldn't happen 99% of the time.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
I believe Kagekiri should have Sidecut's direction behavior.

I hate to attack someone from behind, and the game count that as if hitting them from the front or sides with a huge passion. It doesn't make sense and makes the skill useless.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This isn't necessarily a bug but I have changed it. If there are any other skills that would appreciate this treatment then post them in a balance fu thread, please.