Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Food Recipes
Just a small suggestion and slight complaint on my end about this.

[Image: 15f97a9623c352ee43955205325547df.png]

I see a lot of food materials either barely or not used, but I digress anyway.

Just, I'd like to propose some more ideas for foods to be thrown into the crafting lists, that way we have some more uses for certain crafting materials. Cheese, Eggplants (unless we get eggplant shoes again), etc.

Also, can we get sticks of butter in the portable kitchens, please?

Moar Food

Grilled Cheese

1 Loaf of Bread
1 Cheese Wedge
1 Stick of Butter

Corn Cob

1 Stick of Butter
1 Corn

Mac n' Cheese

1 Uncooked Noodles
1 Cheese Wedge

Eggplant Parmesan

1 Flour
2 Eggplant
1 Tomato
2 Cheese Wedge

Chicken Parmesan

1 Flour
1 Wrap of Poultry
1 Tomato
2 Cheese Wedge

Lemon Pie

1 Lemon
1 Flour
1 Sugar
1 Stick of Butter
1 Phial of Salt

Fruit Salad

1 Apple
1 Grapes
1 Tangerine
1 Banana
1 Tomato
1 Lettuce

Seasoned Trout

1 Spices
1 Lemon
1 Filet of Trout
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
yeah these seem good
Yum.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
I am completely in approval. My only issue might be that a few of the names are a little modern. For example, is macaroni a thing in Sigrogana? That said, I still approve of the idea, I'm just pointing out the minor detail.
*loud burp*
These too please:
Lemon Muffins
1 Lemon
1 Flour
1 Sugar
1 Phial of Salt

Grape Jam
1 Grape
1 Sugar

Peanut Butter and Jelly
1 Grape Jam
1 Peanut Butter
2 Loaves of Bread

Sandvich
1 Cheese Wedge
1 Wrap of Beef
1 Lettuce
1 Tomato
2 Loaves of Bread

Perhaps we could have various wines using berries and grapes integrated as well as a sort of "Food" that's really a drink. Or they could be cycled over to Alchemy.

That being said, it's obvious I support the idea.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3713#p3713 Wrote:Ranylyn » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:45 pm[/url]"]I am completely in approval. My only issue might be that a few of the names are a little modern. For example, is macaroni a thing in Sigrogana? That said, I still approve of the idea, I'm just pointing out the minor detail.

I don't think the modernized names matter too much. Sigrogana doesn't exactly make much sense to begin with.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Tea!
Lemon
-1paper
-1lemon
-1seaweed
-1purewater
-1sugar

Cherry
-1paper
-1cherry
-1seaweed
-1purewater
-1sugar

Apple
-1paper
-1apple
-1seaweed
-1purewater
-1sugar

Apple Cider!
-1Solid Stone
-1Pure Water
-1apple
-1cinnamon
-1sugar
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
We had a discussion on this in OOC the other day, but I didn't have the time to post my reply to this thread. So, I'd like to bump it and agree with it, as well as offer a few of my own suggestions. I rather enjoy cooking and good food in the real world, and having a wide variety of recipes can certainly add to RP from my perspective. Having a few high quality recipes and the ability to use more of the ingredients we have would be really nice.

I also agree that adding the ingredients purchasable in Oniga to the portable kitchen would be really nice as a convenience thing. Even if they are more expensive.

Drinks would also be a very welcome addition, in either or both nonalcoholic and alcoholic form. I was making a small bar in my house and was looking some suitable items to display, and the medium potions were the only thing that really worked. I mean I guess people can down mind enhancers at a party, that adds a rather unique spin on things I suppose. Having more traditional options would be nice too though. Grapes are pretty much entirely unused from what I see, and they could be used for wine, rice for sake, etc. I really miss the teas from SL1 as well whenever I pick up shy snow flowers or hidden violets.

Here's a few recipe ideas though, some recycled from SL1. I don't mean to say implement everything, but might as well get some examples out there (No ingredient numbers assigned for now):

Recipes

A lot of the other stuff suggested already is pretty good I have to say, and I'm in favor of it. (Though I do question the addition of lettuce and tomatoes to a fruit salad, as most fruit salad as I know it is just a mix of fruit. I know there's stuff like spinach and strawberry salads though I don't consider them as "fruit salads". The four fruit items combined should work perfectly though. Maybe add cherries)

Cakes

Everybody loves cake, but we currently live in a cakeless world. Although we technically lack milk as an ingredient, one could probably use the following to make a simple white or yellow cake:
-Flour
-Sugar
-Eggs
-Butter

Frosting could be made with Sugar and Butter if we wanted to make that a separate ingredient.

One could possibly get fancy and add ingredients like cooking chocolate or carrots to make different kinds of cakes. We could explore it more with things like strawberries, lemons, peanut butter or whatnot, but those three above options are probably the main contenders.

Misc. Recipes

Steak
Where would we be without good steaks? Technically all you would probably need for a steak is
-Wrap of Beef
-Salt
-Maybe Spices
If we wanted to make this recipe harder to make by adding rarer ingredients, we could make it a steak dinner or something possibly with
-a baked potato
-sauteed onions and/or mushrooms

Cornbread
Corn could use some love
-Flour (A number of recipes use both flour and cornmeal)
-Corn
-Butter
-Eggs
-(Salt and sugar are minor ingredients, and their inclusion is optional)

Brownies
This also hits up another neglected ingredient, mixed nuts. We need more chocolate items though. Not my first choice for something to add, though it came to mind when looking for ways to use these up.
-Flour
-Sugar
-Eggs
-Butter
-Cooking Chocolate
-Mixed Nuts

Alternately, maybe allow use to make some sort of candy on our own. Cooking chocolate, nuts, and sugar to sweeten it up possibly to form some sort of chocolates. Could use other things like fruits as well. These could have the sugar rush buff like treasure ball candies in exchange for having lower base % restoration due to being candy and tiny.

Turnips
Turnips need some recipes, but I'm having a hard time coming up with something really good for them. Generally, I guess people roast them, mash them, or put them in a gratin.
Here's a potato and turnip gratin that would probably look something like Potato/Turnip/Cheese/Butter: http://food52.com/recipes/24956-mashed-p...nip-gratin

Noodle Dishes
Even though noodles have a number of recipes, I still feel like there could be more. We could get a few Oniga themed Asian dishes in here, or other things from other cultures. Noodles have a lot of uses overall. Here's a few examples:

Soba
Cold soba isn't really a typical sight in games, but it's simple and delicious.
[Image: zarusobafinal1.jpg]
By the way, the two furthest left dishes are just side items. The sauce and right bowl go to the soba.
-Noodles
-Seaweed
-Maybe salt or spices to cover other ingredients (tsuyu sauce being the main one) as they don't exist as items. Onion is debatable as it is normally served with green onion and not the ones we have in game. Maybe turnips for grated daikon though turnips aren't really radishes, so it's debatable as well. It'll at least use up those turnips.

Fettuccine Alfredo and the dishes derived from it
This is simple and has been around for a long time, and we have the three core ingredients right here.
-Noodles
-Cheese
-Butter
That's all you really need, but we could also add these:
-Wrap of Poultry or Fresh Krill Meat

Drinks

Drinks are nice, and there's a wide variety of items that could be used with them. As for their exact effects, it's debatable as to what they could do. Perhaps they could be small status effects that persist over the course of a few battles like food does. They could maybe give small stat boosts while alcohol related items give some and take away some due to impairment. It could end up making alchemy a bit more relevant than what it is right now. Here's a few item ideas though:

Teas (The three old ones)
-Shy Snow Flowers/Hidden Violets/Seaweed/Possibly other plants
Teas aren't complicated ingredient wise. The usage of pure water is up for debate, but I think that makes teas too expensive unless they had significant benefits. Most cooking recipes that need water and even alchemy recipes usually take plain normal water as a given ingredient, and I feel teas should probably be the same unless we're making the best tea the world has ever seen.

Juices
We have a lot of fruit and not all of it gets a lot of love. This can help.
-Grape/Apple/Cranberry/Tangerine (Gotta have orange juice somehow)
These are probably the big ones, but there's a few possible but unlikely ones involving cherries, strawberries, and watermelon.

Vegetable juices are also a thing:
-Carrots/Tomato

Lemonade can be made with obvious ingredients
-Lemons
-Sugar
The pure water issue comes into play once again here, but I imagine it's probably a given ingredient.

Alcohol
I'm not sure what your stance on adding alcohol to the game would be, so I won't go into it too much. Wine, sake, vodka are what immediately come to mind while looking at the ingredients though. Being able to have high quality wines and stuff would be nice though.
It would be cool if we could make our own food.

Choose the ingredients you want to use and how many, and an icon for it.

The HP/FP regen and difficulty would be based on the ingredients, and you could even give it a custom name.