Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Spent (Charm)
Currently, breaking charm doesn't really do anything to you at all, you can just be re-charmed by the same cruel vixen who just slit your throat after winking at you the first time.

I suggest that whenever a charm wears off (Possibly when hit by the person that caused it instead?), you (Also?) gain increasing resistance to their charms for a while after that until you have time to recover your energy.

Example: You've become disillusioned with the causer reducing the potency of the charms that they inflict you with by LV
Obviously, none of this would apply to the Alarune, she's an abusive lover after all.

Or just add yet another immunity but I don't think Charm really needs it, it has counters. This would just benefit people with none of those counters so they don't get hit with fat 50-60% damage reduction every three rounds (Or less in some cases). I can maintain a level 60 charm on someone for an entire fight if they have less than 200 status resist, which, assuming they aren't pre-equipped with a stone heart, are a vampire who can lunatism to break it, or a shaitan...They kind of just get fucked. Somewhat literally.
I can sort of agree on a stacking resistance, because are we that stupid and horny of people that we can just be re-charmed over and over? At the least a trait for this. So if you dont take it then that's on you. Charm's never been that much of an issue for me beyond "stop standing next to the alraune, i'm going to burst it and it may hit you."
And then it does.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Raigen.Convict post_id=36413 time=1556896750 user_id=128 Wrote:I can sort of agree on a stacking resistance, because are we that stupid and horny of people that we can just be re-charmed over and over?

Yes.

I personally have no real oponion towards it, Charm has so far never been a problem as far as I could see. Certain charm items could even need a buff like sweet leaf, heck that shits useless.
Charm doesn't seem to be an issue in my eyes and pratically have no over all opinion on such. Though the idea of buffing things like sweet leaf, I can get behind, which could possibly lead to a suggestion maybe who knows. Though in all honest its pretty rare to find someone running charm if they aren't a Felidae using play cute because thats probably whatever felidae uses these days.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
Charm is so easy to be removed, though. And we have one race that is immune to it, and two others that can lower duration or just purge it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
As is, it's a 3 round cooldown for 50-60% damage reduction until three turns pass or you hit THEM two to three times. (Blow kiss)
Or a constantly re-applied charm to reduce damage by 25% if they are looking at you (Lunar Lunatism)

Banquet is comparatively balanced, requiring both a hit check AND a inflict check. For...The same amount of DR that Blow Kiss gets, but without the modifier to make it easier when wearing Unarmored and at melee range only (Also has a -hit mod from the front and sides)

Compare this to the existing reliable Charm that was rarely used before: Wink, the bonded skill of Lilu which gave half of her level in charm for two rounds. (30% DR but hard to maintain due to any damage breaking it basically)

If the extreme cases are brought in line, it opens room for the weaker cases to be brought up to their level. Sweetleaf could be given a buff without fear of everyone suddenly turning into alarunes, Lilu install could make you an abusive lover or something since that's kinda Lilus entire schtick So on and so forth.

I have builds based around charm, two of them in fact, and I would hate to use them against someone in PVP in the current state. Nothing more frustrating than being smacked with a constant debuff that halves your damage when fighting someone whose already tanky. Not everyone's a shaitan yet.
As far as I can tell nothing has changed with Charm (Definitely correct me if I'm wrong) and my charm-abusing vampire got even stronger with the changes to vampires giving them a increasingly long lunar lunatism to work with so that their minimum charm is 25 and max is 64.2

I stand by something like OP where repeatedly breaking Charm could lower the LV of other charms that person applies to you. Especially if you become immune to the stuff like taking damage for them at LV0. No more shenanigans like when I orkham the enemy team into me and charm them all so only the last to act can reliably attack me without potentially hurting his team for full damage instead of me for 25% less.

I rarely see anyone else using it to its full potential rather than as a meme but I feel obligated to wear a stone heart on all of my characters who fight in PVP because all it takes is one wink to destroy you otherwise.

Wink Heart - 3 Duration / 66.5 LV (Okay not everyone has 101 willpower like one of my chars does)
Personally, if someone wants to wear a Heart of Stone to prevent such a potential risk, then that's the same as for kitting for something else a slight bit niche. If someone wants to build for charm, it's my fault for not building status resistance, bringing some form of extra ways to combat it or really, anything to counter it as a whole.

I saw something like that Orkham tech done before but two of the people on the opposing side were BKs and they were already wary of the person in question being a charmer (not quite to the levels you've given by any means but y'know.)

And boy, I told them the most simple thing. "Man, sucks that you don't have Unmoving, huh? Would be real cool if you had that now. Wow, you didn't get Steel Mind either? Wild."

Likewise, while I understand it's a bit harder to fit status resist into your builds or to make your fancy build you have in mind work with a Shaitan or you just can't play Magic Gunner, i'm of the personal belief overall that people who have options, commonly accessible through items or otherwise (doubly so if it's a Foot or Accessory Slot) should just y'know.

Use them or risk getting fucked by such things. You use a Heart of Stone. Even I use one. I rarely run into Charmers but when I do? People realize it does nothing since they act as if the item itself doesn't exist.

So I don't know if I can agree with most of this. Even if I rarely see it and would need to see it more in practice to get a better grasp, all i'm seeing is "this sounds really powerful, and charm as a whole fucks people over, so let's weaken it a bit."

To which again, I just say "Or y'know, build to protect against X or get fucked by X" typically. Hell, i'd be weaker overall from removing one of my acc slots from most my chars but I can technically fit in a Heart of Stone if I really want. So yeah.
I'm fine with lowering / capping some of the higher cases like the 60% charms, but I don't see a need for any sort of sweeping immunity or anything of the sort. It just isn't a common enough issue and would make the other sources of charm even less viable. Just add a cap or change the scaling on some of the more dangerous cases-- but even then, I don't see them often being an issue, so even that's a bit of a stretch to me.
[Image: unknown.png]
Idk why a year+ old thread is being bumped but I don't find charm to be an issue as long as damage ticks it down, since blow kiss has a cooldown. And Heart of Stone currently exists to help against it if people really are abusing it on certain characters.

It just gives less value to Heart of Stone to nerf it even.