Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dullahan Stuns, Turn Order & YOU.
So as of recent I've noticed that Dullahan has been more oppressive in odd ways. Moreso than usual offering very little in the means of counterplay, and potentially nullifying certain CEL based builds. Especially with their resistance to Interference and general durability they are able to abuse gameplay loops that most if not all classes have little to nothing to answer it with in their arsenal.
  •  
  • -Stun + Mayelia is a combo that even at the most optimal times is unnecessarily difficult to deal with. Very few avenues for silence, and gunner's null shell can stop it but that's gated behind a single class.

• -The stun effect doesn't leave the person a sitting duck in fact because of the new turn system they just go on like nothing happened, so they get their HP back without much tradeoff. 
  • -Dullahans stun effect when they run out of FP's interaction with the new turn order system is making it so they end up going first, so it's much less of an issue to even run out of FP, in fact you can guard with 7M just as you're about to run out of HP and get a full 70 percent damage reduction, and then once the stun wears off, they start the next turn, as if almost overriding the fact you dared to put Cel in your character.

Ideally it would be nice to see Dullahan Stun no longer effect turn order. Stopping Dullahans from effectively stealing momentum in the fight from you with expensive spell/skill casts.  Stun + Mayelia would be a more niche fix that would effect all builds outside of it, and requires a more careful look at the state of mage vs Silence Options at the moment. 
However resistance to Interference being unique to Dullahan is not a good time, and gives them too much efficiency from that combination. Granting less of a debuff to interference when applied or lowering the overall healing a Dullahan can receive would do well to stop this race from benefiting from stun combinations without gutting other races who run it as the combo ONCE MORE IS NICHE. 

You could also remove the damage resist a Dullahan gains from stuns?

Eitherway Stun, it's damage resistance, heals, and turn order buggery is bordering on unreasonable. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Soul Burn + Mayelia combo was an intentionally changed feature a long time ago and only is oppressive due to a dullahan's interference resistance.

Interference resistance is mostly there because without it, dullahans very quickly turn to this loop of being unable to do anything when faced with FP Drains, and there's no real balanced way to take care of that currently. Though I think the potential for 100% interference resistance can get a little nutty a little fast, it becomes the most egregious when a dullahan has a healing buddy.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
(08-27-2020, 06:22 PM)Spoops Wrote: The Soul Burn + Mayelia combo was an intentionally changed feature a long time ago and only is oppressive due to a dullahan's interference resistance.

Interference resistance is mostly there because without it, dullahans very quickly turn to this loop of being unable to do anything when faced with FP Drains, and there's no real balanced way to take care of that currently. Though I think the potential for 100% interference resistance can get a little nutty a little fast, it becomes the most egregious when a dullahan has a healing buddy.
What would your solution be to the Turn Order shift with the stun? If you have an opinion on it?
(08-28-2020, 03:17 AM)Balor Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 06:22 PM)Spoops Wrote: The Soul Burn + Mayelia combo was an intentionally changed feature a long time ago and only is oppressive due to a dullahan's interference resistance.

What would your solution be to the Turn Order shift with the stun? If you have an opinion on it?

Its not exactly unintended, I mean when a dullahan misses a turn while its slower than its opponent it is effectively being double turned, the issue is only pervalent because it can wildly fluctuate the turn order assuming both sides are even, its hard to fix it necessarily because you are just removing that person from the turn order, there's no special tag that causes them to take their turn and make it right.

I guess the most jank way I can think of fixing it is to have a soul burned unit be able to take its turn, but have everything except end turn disabled.
While I understand it isn't necessarily unintended. Most of my fights with Dullahans, they never really suffer for losing that turn, and with the sudden shift in turn order it can punish overtly aggressive Cel builds. Or effectively give a Dullahan a reset to win MORE in fights they've already taken an advantage in.

At the moment it feels like it punishes the Dullahans opponent more.

However I think that Jank way is an inelegant but effective way to resolve it?

But god I would also like to resolve how bad the new turn order system is.
I still feel that a POSSESSED armor, should have a holy weakness of sort. That way you certainly can give some punishment, easier.

Though yeah I think stuns in general aren't actually working anymore as intended, to the new turn order system. I remember stunning myself with Ki awoken but still getting my turn next round, but it has been a bit since I tested it, so it might have been fixed already.

That Cel characters are a little shafted with the new system versus the already superior Tankcannons with new turn order system is also certainly something dev needs to address in the future one way or another. Its just how its currently is.
It may be able to punish the dullahan a little if they relied on being slower than their opponent, but in the new turn order system you can't always bank on doing that all of the time as your main offensive option anymore.