Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Are Already Dead (Black Beast bug)
So occasionally black beast battles bug out. What I mean by "bug out" is that you'll engage one, but the battlefield will be empty--no black beasts, no you, nothing. Even odder is the fact that the battle can still take place. You can't perform any actions except for End Turn, and after a few rounds the Black Beasts will use Dark Calling. They still won't be anywhere on the map, and won't be able to attack normally, but can hit you with their darkness attack, damage you, and potentially kill you. I believe this is also related:

[Image: 1b383bca86.png]

It was night so it's difficult to see, but this player's battle is taking place on the normal map, not a battlefield. I saw them open their movement grid multiple times, but they didn't seem to be able to actually move. Soon enough those Black Beasts appeared, presumably using Dark Calling. Either way, in this situation there are only two options: Get a GM to temporarily ban you, or wait to die.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
What happens during this is that the black beasts will be outsdie of the battle acting as if the battle is taking place and the player fighting in the battle will be unable to be accessed by other players outside of the battle.

I've seen this and I think you should try to get it to happen again and bring an alt along to watch the event frmo outside the battle and confirm that we're talking abuot the same glitch.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
I'm 99% sure it is the same glitch. I've seen it happen once before, with the character standing on the battle icon to their own battle (which was completely empty), though no black beasts were present even outside of the battle at the time. I'm not sure how to replicate this bug as it's only ever happened to me once, and it seemed entirely random. What I do know is that despite the character being outside of the battlefield, their viewpoint is set within the battle, and this seems to prevent them from taking any action aside from ending their turn.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]