Poll: Are you in favor of chaning Enma's Summoning to True Damage?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. For an invocation, it should at least give you a guaranteed 100 damage.
38.89%
7 38.89%
No. Hexers don't need any more power
44.44%
8 44.44%
Yes but it should be an aoe instead of global to compensate.
16.67%
3 16.67%
Yes. But it should still be affected by Wraithguard/Guard/Bodyguard etc.
0%
0 0%
Other: specify in reply
0%
0 0%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enma's Summoning
First, I am not in-favor of really buffing Hexer at all. But this spell is very lackluster. For 6m//3m you cast a spell that only affects 100 hp or lower and can still be resisted in terms of percentage.

General opinion, would it be an attractive option if the damage was 'true'* damage or would it be too overpowered for a global 100hp or less instadeath?

*By true damage, I mean a damage that is 100% un-reistable un-reducable.

Addtionally, let me point out a decent will user will be dealing at least 60-90 damage with a wretched oil and poisoning. Plus that's only 3m. Right now the spell shouldn't even be in the game because it's well, stupid. Stupid to choose over others and stupid to try and invoke considering other options. This would make it more attractive and give the class more variety instead of oil bubble knights.
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.
It needs to be assured damage. If 100 is too much, lessen, perhaps. The only thing that should stop you from dying should be devotion and last chance. Nothing else.
The spell was stupid to begin with. Hexers literally have everything they already need, the spell is bad and it's stupid annd cheap, but also it can be boosted with HSDW, and in my opinion after trying numerous times to make the spell useful in initial class testing(testing alone on my mage -solonely-), i think it's kinda pointless. Also from an ic perspective, abit unfair with it's instant death thing.

So I honestly think it should stay useless. I think the class conflicts with IC too much with it's overbearing and even wider ranged skills. It's almost like the skill is literally for making anyone who gets caught up in it feel bad.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4369#p4369 Wrote:RoboCat » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:26 pm[/url]"]Also from an ic perspective, abit unfair with it's instant death thing.
Except that's not what it does at all.
I want to point out that this spell has counters. The biggest obviously being putting yourself over 100 HP before they can complete the invocation, and there are ways of doing this for literally everyone. If you can put yourself over 100 HP, the spell will not touch you at all, and is a waste of FP because they'll have to break the invocation to do anything else. I honestly feel like either the damage should be assured, or... it should do something else.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
The spell is actually meant to combo with other spells from the Hexer tree.

Do you know what interference does exactly? It stops .all. healing possible. Enma's Summons is right under Black Static isn't it? You're meant to combo them together to get an assured "You can't heal, eat death."

If people bothered to use that tactic, and it dealt assured 100 damage, it'd be kind of broken as heck. I'd suggest maybe that ontop of dealing the damage it does right now, it also summons all the targets in that range to you. Allowing for nasty attack shenanigans if you actually bother to combo spells/invocations.
I'll say that at later levels dealing 100 damage is pretty easy with 9 momentum. Well. Even at lower levels. Making this just a flashy way to end people even if it had the assured kill.

Tactic mentioned by sderg requires atleast three rounds. First one is intereference by some means, second and half of third invocation. Aka making it quite hard to setup againts people that actualy know what they're doing.

As it is, the spell is probably useful for PvE - CM , Magai+HDSW , this
and that's about it.

Summoning them next to you couuuuuld be probably nice. Having them be near death and get ported onto those pre-CMed seartiles just as round ends sounds tasty.

I'd prefer a different tweak, but none comes to mind atm.
I thought non evoked invokes didn't work with hsdw
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4383#p4383 Wrote:Lolzytripd » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:08 pm[/url]"]I thought non evoked invokes didn't work with hsdw

Any Mage Promotions.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I could see it getting additional situational benefits but I'm not sure turning it into guaranteed damage is the right way to go about it. First of all, it would behave in a way that no other unresistable damage in the game does. Secondly, it's pretty boring. I'd much rather see some interaction based on if the target is Cursed or Hexed, for example, potentially raising the damage it deals if they are.