Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unlock All Korvara Races
I talked about this in the past but it's such a big elephant in the room in my eyes I wanted to make a more serious post.

As we speak, there are 4 races locked in korvara: Zerans, Liches, Dullahans, and Vampires. These races represent content, lore, and possibilities. More variety for the world, more mechanical builds to try out. Yet this content is locked for lore reasons.

Dev, you literally made the lore.

I see no reason why these races could not be adapted to Korvara.

Vampires could be weaker, still connected to huggessoa but not direct creations, instead spawned from the darkness of an artifact or a curse that originated from a few people in a distant past.

Liches could be something that was discovered recently. Someone found out you can do that, and now the knowledge is out there. There exists plenty of mages in korvara, and plenty of smart and overly ambitious ones too. Hell, Nizzik the Necromancer would have had the knowledge, madness and means to ICly try if it was allowed.

Dullahans have no reason to not exist besides the fact immortality is an issue. Yet, elves exist. Just set a rule that you can't be more than 250 years old, including your past life.

Zerans are meant to be connected to their god but... That's the case with every race in the game. Many races make less sense in korvara, Zerans aren't that special. Immortality isn't an issue either, just limit age. Why can't Zerans be simply proud of themselves? A good example is redtails. I don't see any Amiras around here, so the redtails simply believe they're lucky.

We straight up have no korvara specific race lore... Which is a shame. But it also means the race locking makes little sense. If race matters so little in korvara, why lock people out of this free content? It would barely take any dev time.

Oh yeah, and if pseudo-immortality is an issue, just straight up remove it. Take out misting from vampires because they have weak connection to huggessoa (same logic as mercalan healing) and make liches carry their phylactery; they turn into an object when defeated that you can simply destroy before their body reforms. Boom, no more bullshit.

It's honestly jarring that these races were removed from the game, it feels like an afterthought

EDIT: this forum literally has a cool vampire theme you can activate in the drop down at the bottom right of the page. Vampires are such a staple of SL2, how can we live like this???
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • WhiteHaired
Mechanations bro
Oh yeah haha uhh

Sounds like that one is a bit tougher on the lore side. Though considering papilions exist I feel like llarian scars could just as much
I feel like personally korvara could easily have an analogue for the magical trees necessary for mechanations in korvara quite easily. There could also quite easily be two "generations of mechanations" in korvara.

Example in the ruins when they are eventually released, the playerbase could find ancient mechanations, finally allowing the leap in understand for the various nations to craft them. Something there would also trigger older mechanations created by the same people who created nemalyth to awaken all over korvara, crawling out of the earth, ruins and caves, but due to their age remember nothing more than a blurry ms paint power point of their old lives.

You might not like the ancient mechanations idea on face value, but for the sake of anti cringe its important, you don't want the race being gate kept by a small handful of people that only have the IC knowledge to create them and needing permission to make a mechanation, or being told that your idea isn't a mechanation they'd ever create.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lolzytripd's post:
  • WhiteHaired
Mechanations and Zerans, sure.

Vampires, Liches, and Dullahans were mistakes and it would make me perfectly happy if I never see another one.
Wouldn't be bad to include Liches, Vampires or Dullahan. Maybe Dullahan mechanically but all you need to do in force them out of power and rather or not they are immortal should not be an issue since someone should be offended by immortality to start a purge of sorts again those races or they do the simple. "We stopped listening to you for X" Reason and besides Vampires aren't that good and the onl upside is misting. Liches are kinda the same way, yeah powerful in theory but can be taken down.
I don't even think immortality is an issue so long as they die when they are killed. If they're ageless, it barely matters. Just say you can't make something thats 1000 years old at start.
Yeah immortality is like.. a power. but if its just living forever until someone jabs a knife in your heart or you can't survive past a fatal disease its not.. really that special.

If its immortality in the form of you just can't kill them, then thats different and probably should be reworked.

If we can't get these races back, then I'd at least like to see some new races to offset their gaps. I dont really like idea of korv or g6 exclusive races but I'll take what I can get at this point.
(We love a good necrobump)
Yeah, just to clarify I don't think anybody cares about them being ageless, or else Elves and Wild Elves would be banned off Korvara too...
and half the playerbase would suddenly be out of a good playby because now everyone has to visibly age because everybody in SL2 is ageless. They put chemicals in the water or something.

It's about their full immortality (in the case of only Vampires and Liches) and the potential problems that arise in conflict - both ICly and mechanically - with them.
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
Then let's take it out of the game
Then we'd have to actually balance dullahan for PVP too.