Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogue - Rough Tumble
This is a quick repositioning tool, but it's also not very fun to use and I believe it could have a Trickery effect on it too.

Trickery: A chance to make you go Airborne and gain +20 Evade for 1 Attack, 3 Rounds.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Sure.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I don't think it's meant to be more than a tool to get to someone's rear. It sure does sound boring, doesn't it? Just moving behind someone?

But think for a moment about the context of Rough Tumble. You're a Rogue.
You're probably using a dagger. You've probably got Thorn Scratch and Flank. If you're a VA, you've probably got Cutthroat and Backstab. If you have a dagger, you're building GUI, meaning you've probably got a high Flanking hit bonus.

Lets assume everything above is true. You use Rough Tumble, costing 1 momentum, to get +20 Evade, go Airborne, deal around 12 damage and get a Flanking hit bonus of around 20-30 Hit assuming you land directly behind and there are no allies adjacent to your target. You gain a total of 26 effective additional SWA and +10 Crit through Flank and Backstab when you use Cutthroat to inflict Silence and Knockdown.

This is not counting any pre-applied buffs such as Southern Wind, Northern Wind, Veil Off, so on so forth.

Admittedly, these are optimal circumstances. Not every Rogue is a VA, not every VA uses a dagger, etc etc yeah yeah I get it.
Rough Tumble is already loaded with potential, it doesn't need to be a defensive tool - no evade buffs please.

Edit: You either pulled these numbers from Embroidered Windswept Gi, or they're just coincidentally the same. I don't think a 1m skill should be comparable to a difficult-to-obtain torso slot item.
number 1 GTer EU
rough tumble is something I already use just fine, and rogue is already one of the best pre-promoted classes. . I think its fine as is, personally.
I agree that its fine honestly, but I also wouldn't mind finally being able to go into sneak as a rouge on will.*cough*

But yeah, rough tumble is a simple 1M movement, and had me helped a lot in the past. I don't think it needs much more.
I mean, even the prospect of giving Sneak until your next round seems interesting for it.
Rough Tumble should just cost 0m and that's it, its just such a situational movement tool similar to Shift Dimension. This is because at a 1m cost, only a Duelist can make the most use out if it, which is fine but I'd prefer that such a situational movement ability not be equated to just walking around your opponent anyways to achieve the same effect.

At a 0m cost it at least allows you to get a full combo off within Rogue itself, in optimal flanking/backstabbing range.
0M would be interesting.
If it gets made to be 0M, I would put it on a cooldown. Free buttstabs with no penalty or cost is a bit much.
[-] The following 2 users Like MegaBlues's post:
  • Autumn, JamOfBoy
It already has a 2 round cooldown so that wouldn't change much. 0M is fine for it, no need to add much more.