Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd like to see.
Profiles that go overboard with darkening the rest of your screen are exceptionally obnoxious to deal with, and while I think it is cute for a tiny bit of glow when used in light amounts, stuff like this just generally really annoys me when I just wanna check out a profile, and I'd like for the ability to toggle it off like I can with profile music.

[Image: jLBbrnS.png]

I've hidden the details of the profile since I don't want to oust anyone, I'm not sure what in their style sheets are causing this to happen but at this point it is having more of a negative effect than a positive one on me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • FatherCrixius
i blame miller
I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN

AT FIRST IT WAS SMALL

BUT I FORETOLD THIS

IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE, OHOHOHO... OOOOH YES
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
[Image: JfQDRlw.png]
[Image: rtR2t6d.png]

There's a cute little 'glow' effect, and there's "I flashbang your entire screen". I reported this awhile back, because "I'm such a stick in the mud", butI did actually end up with Bad Coding trying to  make this sort of effect happen without the 'proper' way that people were doing, and ended up actually getting my PC bluescreened because Mega just killed my CPU in testing. Overall, it's a super distracting visual effect, and even MORESO whenever it's paired with "I hope you remember where the Close Out of Profile Button is. Because you're going to have to remembe rthat because I made your entire screen Black outside of my profile."

There's a lot of cool things that people have been able to do with profiles, and getting around a lot of the limitations that the New Profile (See: New, but its like 6 years old at this point?) adds a lot of cool factor and uniqueness. The problem is.. we went from a separate HTML window to... this.. At least the separate window, with some limitations, could only go to a set size by default without anything extensive or "Your game screen gets messed up".
I won't pretend to even know what allows people to do this, but it does get very annoying when you want to exit out of a profile, I am also told its very annoying to low end PCs as well, but I wouldn't know everything about that.

From my end, its kind of annoying to deal with and I usually end up just exiting out of the profile instead of reading them.

I realize that the thread is anti-fun but really I am not having a lot of fun with this choice of aesthetic, I should stress though I only find heavy amounts very annoying.
(06-27-2024, 11:28 PM)Autumn Wrote: I won't pretend to even know what allows people to do this, but it does get very annoying when you want to exit out of a profile, I am also told its very annoying to low end PCs as well, but I wouldn't know everything about that.

From my end, its kind of annoying to deal with and I usually end up just exiting out of the profile instead of reading them.

I realize that the thread is anti-fun but really I am not having a lot of fun with this choice of aesthetic, I should stress though I only find heavy amounts very annoying.

Autumn I literally just said how people do it!!! Did you not read my post!!!

Edit: For those who don't want to click on both the links in my previous post, here is an example:

[Image: wibc8qk.png]
[Image: 6AEv4y4.png]
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sawrock's post:
  • Autumn
(06-27-2024, 11:44 PM)Sawrock Wrote:
(06-27-2024, 11:28 PM)Autumn Wrote: I won't pretend to even know what allows people to do this, but it does get very annoying when you want to exit out of a profile, I am also told its very annoying to low end PCs as well, but I wouldn't know everything about that.

Autumn I literally just said how people do it!!! Did you not read my post!!!

Edit: For those who don't want to link on both the links in my previous post, here is an example:

[Image: wibc8qk.png]
[Image: 6AEv4y4.png]

My mistake Saw, in that case yeah I think that limiting the size at which the outline occurs would be wise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Sawrock
wtf don't nerf profiles wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf

But yes. It's unfortunate that it can get this obnoxious. I won't pretend there's an easy fix, but Autumn's suggestion is The One: limit the line width.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Genuinely just make it a punishable offense.

Don't put limitations on that shit. Profiles are already piss hard to make look good.
THE POLLY!!!!

THE POLLY IS REAL!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like polly's post:
  • Autumn, Trexmaster
why cant people have self control or consider what it's like for others to look at their profiles, I don't even use this myself because I think it's kinda obnoxious in almost every scenario possible

I ditto the sentiments of Polly; this should be punishable rather than having restrictions imposed on people.
[-] The following 2 users Like Miller's post:
  • Fern, Trexmaster