Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solblader: Lux Relido
In Short, I think this invocation is lacking a little.

Its a basic invocation with basic invocation scaling, Flexible line with 8 range, and a special condition of +25% if used against someone glowing, and a great accuracy tag (Love seeing that)

On paper, this is a pretty alright mid invocation. But if we look into the conditions for its boost, it begins to crumble a little.

Glowing is a fairly rare status effect, and the only option I found that lasts long enough to actually combo into this, is from Brighten, so you are more or less forced to run a curate promotion to make use of it.
If you run a Curate promotion with Solblade, Priest ist a very obvious choice, and if you run Priest... Why would you use it over Divine Shower?

Its definetely worse than divine shower, not mapwipe, only half hit garunteed, its Aoe is not even easy to line up to hit more than one person, but I guess 2 is feasible.

I would suggest to change its idenity alittle, so its more unique and useful in different situation.

Option 1:
We do not have any Invocations, that are Tankbusters, only dodge buster invocations. I think tanks have been eating too good, in that regard.
Give it some sort of tankbusting property instead. Or shred Light res%

Option 2:
make it our first E-rank invocation so it falls in line as a Magical option in the powerscale of Lance de Lion or Eclair.  this allows it to combo into more Glowings, that only last for 2 Rounds. You trade single target increased DPS, versus Mapwide AoE and crowd control.

Or I don't know. I love the skills animation, who doesn't love shooting beams? But it's ...Just not good, and actually a little boring. I think it needs just a little spice, to make it actually a really cool skill. Solblader lacks alittle OMPH anyway.
You get glowing from just playing Solblader itself with your Solsphere, it's not really that hard of a condition to fulfill considering it's mostly intended to be used for Flash of Light.

Flash of Light also already shreds light resistance on top of resistance shred already built into another ability from the class itself.

It's pretty much fine as is, it could maybe use a slight damage tweak at best.
I use it because it's cool, not because it's amazing. The only thing I'd consider an issue isn't the damage itself. It's outdone by two shine rays, but most invocations are. It's higher damage than Divine Shower if you land the combo.

It's glowing.

The issue with glowing is for a 9m invocation is that you have to apply glowing two turns in advance.
I'd say this isn't a problem of Lux Relido, just the glowing condition (which only lasts 3 turns) and by extension becomes an issue of Lux Relido.
Make the glowing damage boost 200%, boom fixed
While I would love for the Big Fucking Laser Beam Invocation that we've all wanted forever to be properly terrifying-

It's like, okay, right now. It doesn't NEED any changes, it'd just be nice for my dopamine brain worms if pressing the big laser beam was like, actually worth the setup beyond cool points.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Entropy's post:
  • Caboozles
hey I am with you. I think its wonderfully mid. I didn't see the glowing status in any of the Solsphere descriptions, so I missed that one atleast.

I still think it could be a little cooler though.
You have GLOWING it comes free with your fucking morning star Solsphere

Memes aside, Lux Reido is already theoretically one of the strongest invocations now, potentially obtaining as much or even more damage than Nova Eraser or Exgalfa, another contender for a high damaging laser. I'm quite fine with it's current position. As Caboozles brought up, several applications of glowing have something like a 2-3 round duration, which makes it awkward for an invocation to make use of ideally, but I guess that's what the Flash of Light playstyle is for.

Which is another thing to bring up, this could be somewhat dangerous for an FoL user if it did get more damage at all, since its one of the stronger ones.
To note, the selection squares are not the only place it does damage. It seems to do damage adjacent to itself, so it's a lot bigger than it lets on. With glowing being easy to get just by exploding your orb, you can get a pretty high damage combo, and it's intent with Flash of Light makes it so you can whip it out later in a fight.
Nahh it's really bad honestly. It doesn't boast any particular advantage as a spell which is the issue. Like, it doesn't have particularly great damage, it doesn't have great aoe, or range, and it doesn't even evade ignore (GA is nice but eh). The crucial point here is that divine shower is like ten times stronger. In fact all the invokes in the game are stronger. And you don't get greaper, unless you're going evoker. And if you're going evoker, you're better off using vydel or isenshi or something like that. The momentum loss is just way too much, and don't forget that you can't use blink unless you're mage, so you need at least 3 stacks of flash of light to cast it reliably, otherwise your foe can simply walk out of your beam range. And if I have 3 stacks of flash of light, I'd rather use a good spell for free than use my entire turn doing less damage than I would do by simply using any 2 skills.

If the spell had some sort of utility it might be good. Some sort of combo with solblader abilities. Currently the utility is tile removal which is nice but like, very situational.
Right, I checked it out again, now enlightend that there is actually an in Class Combo...And I think that doesn't help it.

So here id what you guys means, right?:
Set up Solsphere->Enhance Solphere with Radiant Speldor-> Next Turn Charge up the invocation, correct? so by spending 9 M after the set up you deal 225% Light Attack and 125% Swa.

Cool.

But why wouldn't you just use photon Ring instead?
Solphere setup-> Radiant Spelndor->Use Photon ring to drag them through the solsphere. Which does 120% Light Atk 100SWA +100%Light attack. and do with 6 M whatever.

its much more Momentum friendly and only barely weaker. I guess only against fast opponents slightly more useful. So yeaaah I still think it could have a little extra utility attached to it, to make it a little more worthwhile.