Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All Shards Donation Item
(07-12-2024, 06:22 PM)CuteRedCrab Wrote:
(07-12-2024, 05:38 PM)Neus Wrote: Am I allowed to do this?
Add payable inks while you're at it. We beg.
I'll repost this from two years ago. My opinions have not changed on the matter.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
Honestly the main thing is the shards. I'm tired of collecting all of them for the Nth time! I've memorized them at this point.
[-] The following 3 users Like CuteRedCrab's post:
  • Collector, Poruku, Sawrock
(07-12-2024, 11:10 PM)Sawrock Wrote:
I'll repost this from two years ago. My opinions have not changed on the matter.

It takes roughly 2 hours of grinding as a grindmage (in optimal set up) to get an LE. Lets say 2.5 hours. An LE is 2 inks.

If you don't feel like breaking your IC, and being a different class than IC, you're probably looking at 5+ hours per LE. It isn't "Paying $5 for 1 crit". It's Donating money to the game so that you don't have to spend hours grinding that takes away from being able to actively Roleplay. Something that has held me back from making characters that I have wanted to make has been the long, and rather tedious, grind to get Legend Inks. Of course, you can say "Well just don't LE!" but trailing behind other people who have had the time to grind by 12 base stat points (which can generally be extrapolated to 40-60 hp) feels bad. Or god forbid if you need trait/talent/crafting points.

It's just saving you the grind by getting rid of the, frankly, tedious and awful parts of it. Allowing you more time to actually RP your character / Interactions with others in an RP game. Rather than what most people do. Which is sit there at lava lake staring as they press. "Rebia > Kel > Focused Beam" or rebia > Rebia. And continuing like that for hours on end.

I wouldn't even be suggesting this if Legend Inks were more readily available and spread out throughout the map like they were on G6.. but that isn't the case, and either option works. I just want to be able to actually play characters I have the earnest desire to make, but am stopped by "That's like 20 hours of grinding nonstop before I can actually play this character."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rendar's post:
  • Lolzytripd
(07-12-2024, 11:49 PM)Rendar Wrote:
(07-12-2024, 11:10 PM)Sawrock Wrote:

It takes roughly 2 hours of grinding as a grindmage (in optimal set up) to get an LE. Lets say 2.5 hours. An LE is 2 inks.

If you don't feel like breaking your IC, and being a different class than IC, you're probably looking at 5+ hours per LE. It isn't "Paying $5 for 1 crit". It's Donating money to the game so that you don't have to spend hours grinding that takes away from being able to actively Roleplay. Something that has held me back from making characters that I have wanted to make has been the long, and rather tedious, grind to get Legend Inks. Of course, you can say "Well just don't LE!" but trailing behind other people who have had the time to grind by 12 base stat points (which can generally be extrapolated to 40-60 hp) feels bad. Or god forbid if you need trait/talent/crafting points.

It's just saving you the grind by getting rid of the, frankly, tedious and awful parts of it. Allowing you more time to actually RP your character / Interactions with others in an RP game. Rather than what most people do. Which is sit there at lava lake staring as they press. "Rebia > Kel > Focused Beam" or rebia > Rebia. And continuing like that for hours on end.

I wouldn't even be suggesting this if Legend Inks were more readily available and spread out throughout the map like they were on G6.. but that isn't the case, and either option works. I just want to be able to actually play characters I have the earnest desire to make, but am stopped by "That's like 20 hours of grinding nonstop before I can actually play this character."

Your own argument defeats itself. I have the money to spend freely on this; I've had a house worth 100+ dollars (along with houses on other characters) back on G6, and my financial situation has only improved vastly since. You clearly have money to spend, as well. But if your reasoning for "why not not LE" is that you "trail behind other people" and that "feels bad", imagine how it might feel for others- whether newly playing the game or not- to not have the funds to purchase LE inks when others would freely do so.

The problem innately is not me, Sawrock specifically, paying $5 for 1 crit- that point was stated as such before to be laconic. It's that the kind of environment the game would be is drastically shifted if paid legend inks went into effect.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Sawrock's post:
  • Collector, Soul_Hacker
Personally I already dislike Brain Food as a donation item as I think it veers too far into being mechanically helpful for a financial incentive. Shards are a step too far in my mind (the mind of someone who has literally never bothered to grab shards before. I've got maybe 40 over the past two years.) LE's definitely not. Paying for power is a quick and easy way for the game to become unbearable. Each increment moves the goalpost. "If we can already pay for LE's, why can't we pay for (X)?"

Please god no.
Tripping on #X there is somebody missing.
Oh please don't worry, paradigms align, they're all linking.
[-] The following 2 users Like Soul_Hacker's post:
  • MegaBlues, Sawrock
Okay so all jokes aside, despite me wanting this in the moment, I definitely must agree with Sawrock on this point.

The real solution to the problem is to make it a more enjoyable gaming experience. Perhaps if you only had to do it once per Key that'd fix everything.

The same could be said about grinding and LE. The solution is not to make it buyable, but to make it palatable so people can actually do it without feeling extensive pain.

It's funny you know, because back in G6 I feel like only few people used brain food. Nowadays it feels mandatory, because the grind is so slow it needs to be sped up by any means necessary. Back then nobody was complaining about inks. The Laplace quests also made a massive difference. Now the players are so tired we're out here begging for "pay to skip" mechanics... Please Dev I beg of you, refer to any of the threads made in the past months where people complain about the grind, the people are on their knees.

To me the shard thing is kinda whatever, I don't think it matters much. But like, it's something that we can't really ask people to do 12 times realistically. It's a genuine chore and doesn't make for a fun gaming experience. People are at the point where they mapped out optimal routes to do it all in one go with a full party as a service.
Back on topic to shards, I guess this could be an alternate solution.

Collecting all shards unlocks an upgrade to collect all shards over all your slots on your key, some check verb for new characters upon completing tutorial.

Along with a buyable option for alt keys.

In regards to inks, make them account wide, retroactive, with like +10 free for those of us who deleted characters with multiple LE

This would mean only ink spent on the legend book would go account wide, any spent on blackhole or divine eye dont

For this a check the first time a character logs in after the update, adding that characters spent total to the bank.

Buyable inks could also be added for alt keys after
I don't think we should make anything that gives bonus stats buyable. Some people cannot afford to donate to the game to get that edge, even if everyone can get it with some work. You can also argue that it's cheap enough for their friends to buy it for them, but I don't think it's a healthy option for the game.

I'm all for putting Dev into money's pocket if it means he can keep working on the game full time, but the community agreed in ancient times to not repeat the p2w mistakes of SL1 in SL2.

So no, Dev, you're not allowed to do this.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
[-] The following 2 users Like Blissey's post:
  • JamOfBoy, Sawrock
Rest assured that I have little interest in making inks something you can buy, though I also don't have much interest in making them easier to obtain in general.
[-] The following 3 users Like Neus's post:
  • Collector, Rendar, Sawrock
(07-13-2024, 03:52 AM)Neus Wrote: Rest assured that I have little interest in making inks something you can buy, though I also don't have much interest in making them easier to obtain in general.
Fair for the inks

would still appreciate some sort of nemalyth upgrade that we could use to unlock all shards key wide

maybe a patrion/asago item unlock for people suffering from altkeyitis.